Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DIY: Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
iOn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY: Front Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type. (Redline96LX)

sorry to bring up old thread but it was better than starting new one.

for the bar connecting to the frame, do you HAVE to torque it to the specs (17lbs)? what would be the downsides of just tightening it hard with the socket wrench?

also, what are the torque specs for the rear strut bolts? i checked here (https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1169414) but there wasn't anything on it.
thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: DIY: Front Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type. (G2 Speed)

if strut bars are useless why do all the drifters use them ...................for show i dont thinks so
or maybe so there engine doesnt fly out

Modified by hatch96y7 at 11:23 AM 11/4/2006
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: DIY: Front Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type. (iOn)

Its not crucial for those bolts to be torqued exactly, more important that all 4 are torqued to relatively the same amount, you can go by feel. the rear strut bolts....there is no OEM rear strut bar. If you are refering to the bolts that hold the shock assembly to the frame that most people get a bar for, its 36lb-ft according to the Helms book.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: DIY: Front Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type. (Redline57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is no OEM rear strut bar. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you sure about that?

just to avoid you going out and looking there are oem rear strut bars
Old 01-28-2007, 10:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: DIY: Front Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type. (blackhope121)

Not trying to sound like a dick, but can you prove it? I know the EK chassis VERY well and there was a front upper strut bar that came on the Si and Type-R but in the trunk there are no factory frame braces, only aftermarket ones that go to the struts and the two you can have for the bumper retainer bolts.

If there is an OEM rear strut bar by all means let me know!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:39 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's all sorts of OEM bars.

Civic Si/Integra GS-R Upper Strut Bar
Civic Type R (red version of above) Upper Strut Bar
Integra Type R Upper Strut Bar
Civic Type R front crossmember support bar
Integra Type R front crossmember support bar
Civic Type R rear trunk support bar
Integra Type R rear trunk support bar
Civic Type R Rear upper strut bar
Integra Type R Rear upper strut bar
Plus a myriad of front and rear sway bars.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Eran)

Thats just some text, do you have any proof? Because again I know the EK chassis VERY well and have never seen a factory rear tower bar in that chassis.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 PM

son thats two people...

i really dont wanna go looking for a pic..

take my word you dont know the ek chasis as well as you may have thought sorry
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Redline57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats just some text, do you have any proof? Because again I know the EK chassis VERY well and have never seen a factory rear tower bar in that chassis.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you don't know jack

Here's the Honda Access EK9 Civic Type R upper strut bar package. This is an upgrade directly from Honda. It replaces the OEM wrinkle red front strut bar and adds a rear strut bar. It comes with instructions and templates for cutting the rear holes, also trim to line the holes.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

That looks like an aftermarket part with some Type-R stickers.

So Honda made the CTR as good as possible and offered a frame upgrade huh? Tell me why this wasnt included stock and the ITR's trunk wall brace was? This is somewhat difficult for me to believe from a marketing standpoint. Also, who is Honda Access?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 AM

i know you see the heel toe automotive stamp in the picture.. why is it so hard for you to admit you are wrong?

Old 01-29-2007, 08:55 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That looks like an aftermarket part with some Type-R stickers.

So Honda made the CTR as good as possible and offered a frame upgrade huh? Tell me why this wasnt included stock and the ITR's trunk wall brace was? This is somewhat difficult for me to believe from a marketing standpoint. Also, who is Honda Access?</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you know all about EK's, but you don't know who Honda Access is? Jesus Titty-******* Christ.

Honda Access is the Japanese/European Honda Accessory dealer. They're the "brand" that Honda markets their accessories under. Just like HFP or Honda Genuine in America.

And also, the CTR's did have a trunk wall brace, stock. They just did not have a strut tower bar. The CTR's had the following:

Front Rebar
Front Crossmember Support
Rear Subframe Support
Trunk Wall Support
Front Upper Strut Bar

Then Honda released an upgrade package that was equal in design and quality to the original ITR bars.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Burned, Burned, dude you just got burned..

Quit being so stubborn. I learned a lot of new things from this thread. But when 3 people tell you a fact you stated was incorrect, especially 3 viable sources, you should probably consider being wrong. I know it hurts. I've been there.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

Burned? I think not. Heel-toe is just an aftermarket brand, are you gonna tell me Honda works with them too? Do ya have a picture of this rear trunk floor brace? I don't see where you could brace the trunk wall. Also I'm confused. Rebar? Thats a frame brace? As in the **** you use in a housing foundation? This is all so foreign to me I'm gonna need some more proof than just word of mouth, I mean this IS the EK forum and I've been lied to by big groups of people hundreds of times. Now can we cut the high school drama and immaturity and can someone PM me with some sort of information as to the legitity of this Honda Access and what they actaully sell and maybe where? Oh and Eran? Watch your mouth.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Burned? I think not. Heel-toe is just an aftermarket brand, are you gonna tell me Honda works with them too? Do ya have a picture of this rear trunk floor brace? I don't see where you could brace the trunk wall. Also I'm confused. Rebar? Thats a frame brace? As in the **** you use in a housing foundation? This is all so foreign to me I'm gonna need some more proof than just word of mouth, I mean this IS the EK forum and I've been lied to by big groups of people hundreds of times. Now can we cut the high school drama and immaturity and can someone PM me with some sort of information as to the legitity of this Honda Access and what they actaully sell and maybe where? Oh and Eran? Watch your mouth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're a ******* moron, and you only want to believe what you think is true.

I am not lying to you here. I have no benefit in making even one more person in this forum stupider.

Honda Access is just a devision of Honda. They sell all kinds of Honda accessories. They're the ones who sell the OEM foglight kits in Europe/Japan. They're the ones who sell the parking pole. They sell roof racks, visors, lighting, suspension parts, roof consoles, everything. They are the Honda Acessory Dealer. You want "legit" ... here's the ******* website:

http://www.honda-access.com/268/en/index.jsp

Heel-Toe is not a brand, either. They're a store that sells JDM parts.

The rebar is a support bar that goes braces the front bumper support, adding ridgidity, because the JDM Civics do not have the heavy metal bumper that we do.

And the trunk wall brace bolts to the rear hatch wall directly under the hatch latch. It is covered by the hatch trim. The lower subframe brace bolts onto the subframe (imagine that). And, oh wow, the front crossmember support bolts to .... the front crossmember.

And don't you dare tell me to watch my mouth. You don't hold any weight here, and you're acting like a child. So shut the hell up and listen for once. You might actually learn something.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
HT White Ops

Civic Type R Front Re-Bar:

Civic Type R Rear Re-Bar:

Civic Type R Rear Subframe Brace:
\

Civic Type R Trunk Wall brace:

Modified by Eran at 7:24 PM 1/29/2007
Old 01-29-2007, 12:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Excuse me? If you'd like to get up in my face why don't you say so? Now you will not speak to me again, understood? Shut the expletive up and chill out. This is a technical forum, no need to get all bent out of shape. You won't hear from me again. Don't call me a child expletive head, go home and cry to someone who cares and next time show a little maturity and less assumptions *******. This is a DIY not your high school homeroom. Bye.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:07 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Excuse me? If you'd like to get up in my face why don't you say so? Now you will not speak to me again, understood? Shut the expletive up and chill out. This is a technical forum, no need to get all bent out of shape. You won't hear from me again. Don't call me a child expletive head, go home and cry to someone who cares and next time show a little maturity and less assumptions *******. This is a DIY not your high school homeroom. Bye.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, this is a technical forum. That's why I posted technical information. A fair bit more than you do, I might add. You don't pull weight here, you don't contribute here. You have zero say in what my posts will contain and refer to. You refused to believe the truth, and that's your own problem.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: DIY: Front Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type. (Redline57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not trying to sound like a dick, but can you prove it? I know the EK chassis VERY well and there was a front upper strut bar that came on the Si and Type-R but in the trunk there are no factory frame braces, only aftermarket ones that go to the struts and the two you can have for the bumper retainer bolts.

If there is an OEM rear strut bar by all means let me know!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
You know the EK chassis so well that (1) you've never heard of Honda Access and (2) you are talking about a chassis we're not talking about here... yes, minor differences, but still, the USDM DX, LX, CX, HX, etc do not have EK chassis. They have EJ chassis. The HX in fact is very very far from an EK chassis since there is no coupe EK chassis. Ever.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That looks like an aftermarket part with some Type-R stickers.

So Honda made the CTR as good as possible and offered a frame upgrade huh? Tell me why this wasnt included stock and the ITR's trunk wall brace was? This is somewhat difficult for me to believe from a marketing standpoint. Also, who is Honda Access?</TD></TR></TABLE>
As good as possible? Yet they only put a 1.6L in it?

I guess it's better than the people who think the Si is god.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Excuse me? If you'd like to get up in my face why don't you say so? Now you will not speak to me again, understood? Shut the expletive up and chill out. This is a technical forum, no need to get all bent out of shape. You won't hear from me again. Don't call me a child expletive head, go home and cry to someone who cares and next time show a little maturity and less assumptions *******. This is a DIY not your high school homeroom. Bye.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You tried in vain to tell him he was wrong. You told him several times that his evidence he posted wasn't evidence at all. Yet... you never posted any evidence to dispute his claims.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like those pictures, almost look like my engine bay, except that strut bar is painted blue and my intake pipe is a light blue and i have a little filter instead of a tube coming from the intake pipe
XD good stuff though

http://img.photobucket.com/alb...4.jpg

This strut bar in the pic is not from a ctr, i think i would have paid more for it if it were... just a thought though.

Isn't the real ctr strut bar a rounded red one?

Modified by Ukrainamese at 9:53 PM 1/30/2007
Old 07-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DIY: Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type.

thanks for bumpin this pms filled thread from like a year and a half ago...

and deleting ur post doesnt make it go away!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: DIY: Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type.

this thread actually goes back to 2004. And it's all about simply adding 4 bolts to mount a front frame brace, just like the 99-00 Si had. It's a good and simple mod, not sure how this thread got so long in the 1st place
Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deetz
not sure how this thread got so long in the 1st place
e-fights, just like every other H-T thread...
Old 01-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a question, I wonder where I can get the mounting hardware, because I can't find it anywhere...
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

great write up, very informative. only question iask is did you get the y8 head for vtec or just for cleareance? (lol)

Quick Reply: DIY: Strut bar installation on a 96-00 Civic DX, LX, CX, HX. ANY type.