Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE

Helper springs are to keep the spring against the top hat at full suspension droop, say when you jack the car off the ground, or lift an inside rear wheel at the track or autocross. If you have a setup like say buddy club, there are separate height and preload adjustments. That means you dont have to use the spring perch to raise or lower the car.
Independent height adjustment FTW.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HBKFanatic
Yup Spec 3!
You sure about that? Looks more like the Pro Spec to me... I rememebr Evan had one or the other on his old EG way before all the Spec II hype lol although the Mugen sounded best IMO.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoostinEJ1
You sure about that? Looks more like the Pro Spec to me... I rememebr Evan had one or the other on his old EG way before all the Spec II hype lol although the Mugen sounded best IMO.
Yeah Im sure. He had a Spec 3 then and now hes got one again!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The pro spec is similar to the spec3 but the pro spec has flanged joints instead of slip fit. I also had a spec3 on my eg back in 2006 lol
Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC5yo
What "sPec" is the exhaust Evan? I got my bucket situation handled. Thanks again for the offer.

Edit: looks like a racing 3?

Independent height adjustment FTW.
no problem man.... it's a spec 3.... The best spec
independent height adjustment is def good for off the shelf setups but most if not all racing cars just use spring height. This is because the shock body and piston are made to spec for the cars ride height, and not having the extra parts for independent ride height saves weight. My shocks luckily are this way. I'm about 1/4 inch lower than the coilovers MAX ride height.

Originally Posted by BoostinEJ1
yup spec 3 again. They changed the finish on the muffler since I had the one on my eg, kinda dissapointed when I unwrapped it.

Last edited by SHG_EasyE; 06-03-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Siiiiick!!! Just went through the entire thread.

-Jalal

Every thread that EasyE has put together has inspired me... thanks EasyE.

I think your threads are so bad *** that Chuck Norris himself has them all bookmarked under "favorites."

Just saying.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Little known fact - Chuck Norris does my oil changes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a few things done at work today... Filled the rear mount with 3M Urethane and refreshed the Cat heatshield which is the only one going back on the car.

Heatshield nice and fresh waiting to go back on with new harware...

New OEM donut gasket:

Also got a few more collectibles recently... Steve (aka Kseries) was kind enough to hook me up with the EP3 press release and brochure. So sick

And the FD2R catalogue, brand new

Heres a portion of the rest of my collection... I need another display case!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet man, glad you like it!

Steve
Old 06-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thing was super cool to look at. I really want to find one for the FA5 now.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Evan, I'm gonna look around for a Feel's catalog I might still have floating around. Looks like there's room enough to trump an empty Spoon box for space!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice display Evan.....hey did you ever finish that EG model I sold you?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phunhaus
Evan, I'm gonna look around for a Feel's catalog I might still have floating around. Looks like there's room enough to trump an empty Spoon box for space!
Id love to have one, lmk

Originally Posted by ^Sammy]!.
Nice display Evan.....hey did you ever finish that EG model I sold you?
Thanks bud, I still havent finished it lol. Its all done except for the body. I have to get an airbrush at some point so i can spray it and finish it up! I ended up doing it yellow and got some SW's for it to be a Spoon car
Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very impressive, keep the pictures coming...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks bud, I still havent finished it lol. Its all done except for the body. I have to get an airbrush at some point so i can spray it and finish it up! I ended up doing it yellow and got some SW's for it to be a Spoon car

Ah nice very nice.....hey pm me your number next time Im heading up to Boston, I'll give you a shout
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome Rim setup First track day and the combo was perfect. Even stock and no issues, just tons of body roll :D

Currently bought DC5R midpipe (Looking for JDM DC5R header to match)

www.youtube.com/MissShift

Deciding to make videos of upgrades to Ep3 and car related material. #1 Shout out to Easy Ep3 for making my choices easier to make

Support would be awesome Thx guys.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice man, where do you live? Seems that over in the UK drivers dont need to wear helmets on the track... Crazy!

Glad I can help you out with your choices too. I kind of wish I had been able to track my car with stock suspension to see what each upgrade did to the balance of the car. It will be interesting to see what the new bushings, spring rates, and damper valving do for the car
Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice man, where do you live? Seems that over in the UK drivers dont need to wear helmets on the track... Crazy!

Glad I can help you out with your choices too. I kind of wish I had been able to track my car with stock suspension to see what each upgrade did to the balance of the car. It will be interesting to see what the new bushings, spring rates, and damper valving do for the car
I live in Toronto. Just next door Helmets "were" optional until this happened a few days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vreUlIu3-x4

(The dude had a helmet and was ok). After seeing this happen literally infront of me, Im looking to purchase a helmet before I hit the track again

Technically speaking, Cayuga Toronto Motorsports track is a small, low speed track (no elevation to terrain or anything - sort of like a big gokart track for cars), at which only time attack cars had to wear helmets. Open lapping it was recommended but not enforced. (I think it changed now though)

PS. Yea thats me behind the subby
Old 06-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice wheel skills buddy! You were super close to that bail of hay.... That subby was on it WAY to early it seems.. Looked kinda like a stunt. Kinda funny, I just watched the youtube of that teg screamin around the track...

Hey Evan! Thanks for the present in the mail. It seems that removing the center console is a bitch, when someone replaces the factory screws with ones thats are way too big! Stripped them in there good. What else was nice, was the wiring harness from the coupe is the exact same. Figured they were. Atleast I got on good thing. I got a BC type B ****.. But I saw some circuit hero stuff I may jump on.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

o man...new bushings can do ALOT

i got new hardrace hardrubber bushings for my ep on a-spec rsx suspension
NIGHT AND DAY! SO MUCH LESS BODY ROLL.
...then again my old bushings were worn badly

i can only imagine how yours will be...

i just put on my volvo lip finally...and i'm wondering how you go anywhere with it
im on ~1inch drop and i scrape all over because it hangs so low.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MissShift
I live in Toronto. Just next door Helmets "were" optional until this happened a few days ago

(The dude had a helmet and was ok). After seeing this happen literally infront of me, Im looking to purchase a helmet before I hit the track again

Technically speaking, Cayuga Toronto Motorsports track is a small, low speed track (no elevation to terrain or anything - sort of like a big gokart track for cars), at which only time attack cars had to wear helmets. Open lapping it was recommended but not enforced. (I think it changed now though)

PS. Yea thats me behind the subby
Daaaamn dude thats crazy. What a dope, like how does that even happen! The spectators are so lucky they didnt et hit with debris or anything

Originally Posted by 03civicdopejmd

Hey Evan! Thanks for the present in the mail. It seems that removing the center console is a bitch, when someone replaces the factory screws with ones thats are way too big! Stripped them in there good. What else was nice, was the wiring harness from the coupe is the exact same. Figured they were. Atleast I got on good thing. I got a BC type B ****.. But I saw some circuit hero stuff I may jump on.
Ahh thats weak! Everytime I work on my car I think about how lucky I was to get one bone stock unmolested!

Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2
o man...new bushings can do ALOT

i got new hardrace hardrubber bushings for my ep on a-spec rsx suspension
NIGHT AND DAY! SO MUCH LESS BODY ROLL.
...then again my old bushings were worn badly

i can only imagine how yours will be...

i just put on my volvo lip finally...and i'm wondering how you go anywhere with it
im on ~1inch drop and i scrape all over because it hangs so low.
Yeah should be night and day! My girlfriend also drove the car at the last track day (she was instructing that day) and she loved how the car felt. According to her it felt worlds better than the VW TDI she raced in 2009. I keep telling her how much better its going to be with the new setup

My lip eats **** pretty bad sometimes, but for the most part it doesnt scrape very often. When it does though it just folds under and pops back out like nothing ever happened. Its the perfect lip
Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys new update! Ive been spending a bunch of time on the car after work and got some good stuff done...

First I got the shifter cable and ebrake cable brackets back from powdercoating...

New vs. old hardware for the rear engine mount:

Exhaust hardware, with Buddy Clubs new 3 piece springs (old style was one piece)

Mid section ready to be installed

Preparation for the exhaust included some heat barrier tape in key spots where heatshields were removed

And the exhaust is finally installed! It sits so well at a slight upwards and outwards angle for an agressive look

You can see I also used some gold heat tape around the bumper to protect from heat, and idea used by many Rolex teams.

Slip joints are so sick

Also got the Buddy Club battery in

Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Super nice update! The Buddy Club goodies are so frigging nice I love how simple they all are and just nice looking period.

Interested to see how loud that will be. The FOM S2K sounds phenomenal and I bet that will too! Oh man at 4k it was just music to my ears, I cant even imagine it hauling *** banging gears at 9,000 revolutions!

Keep it up!

PS: You didn't go to Montreal? I thought you were gonna! I'll be watching the race in a little bit but from practice and quali, it looks very promising!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omg soooooooooooooo clean as usual. keep it up bro
Old 06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HBKFanatic
Super nice update! The Buddy Club goodies are so frigging nice I love how simple they all are and just nice looking period.

Interested to see how loud that will be. The FOM S2K sounds phenomenal and I bet that will too! Oh man at 4k it was just music to my ears, I cant even imagine it hauling *** banging gears at 9,000 revolutions!

Keep it up!

PS: You didn't go to Montreal? I thought you were gonna! I'll be watching the race in a little bit but from practice and quali, it looks very promising!
Yeah dude Im so excited to start her up for the 1st time! Im hoping to have time tomorrow to hook up the battery and hear her roar I still need to design and fabricate the tray for the BC battery, so Ill have to get that done asap too.

We werent able to go up some stuff came up unfortunately. We will be at Austin for the 2012 season for sure though!

Originally Posted by Squidette
omg soooooooooooooo clean as usual. keep it up bro
Thanks man!

Quick Reply: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...