Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Auto To Manual Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto To Manual Parts List

I'm going to start a new thread so in the future, it will be easier for people to search for it. Sorry for the long awaited list. It was a very busy first week of school, and I was still trying to get rid of the kinks. I believe it is all fixed now. I think there is a difference between the years of the guage clusters. What I mean is, I think there might be also a difference in OBD1 and OBD2 guage clusters (The plugs are the same, but it might of been the reason why my gas guage acted on its own; thanks to the honda-tech member who told me it was the difference in years)

Parts List:
5 Speed Transmission
Flywheel (I suggest Clutchmasters 7.5lb flywheel. I love it)
GO TO LIGHTNING MOTORSPORTS. Thanks Tom!!!
Shifter I’m using stock one, you may want to get short shifter if you wish

Shift Boot Sow your own red stiching!

Flywheel Cover (manual one and automatic one is different…)

Manual Intermediate Shaft (they look pretty similar but nope, the auto is different)

Pedal Assembly [Clutch Pedal, Brake Pedal, (Gas pedal is identical)]

Rear Tranny Bracket??? (sorry for not knowing the exact name of this) Rear mount support (What I mean by this is NOT the U shaped rubber piece. It is metal, and has 2 bolts that should go thorough it. Socket size for these 2 bolts are 19)

Upper tranny mount (You’ll either have to custom fabricate this or buy that auto to manual mount for 160; I was told it reuses the holes from the auto mount)

Shift Linkage (LS/GSR/TYPE R… DO NOT USE THE DEL SOL SHIFT LINKAGE DO NOT)

Manual Starter (Automatic one will not fit in) Get the 2 starter bolts for the 5 speed, 1 is long 1 is short; ask your dealership

Manual Center Console with shift boot

Guage Cluster (Get it for your year of your car; I mean like keep it within that OBD1 or OBD2 series; I believe mine didn’t work properly is because that it was OBD2 (00) while my car was a 94) Thanks b18bvtec4drteg

ECU (Get it for your OBD1 or OBD2) I’m using the automatic one, and there is no check engine light or anything of the sort. It may give me better gas mileage or whatever or shift points if I use manual; not sure… but the auto one works.)

Shift **** Yes, finally a manual shift **** =D

Clutch Any b series works, if you know how to drive stick, get a nice one; if you don’t like me just use factory one until it blows

Clutch Master Cylinder

Slave Cylinder

You’ll also want some sort of line that runs from the clutch master cylinder all the way to the slave cylinder. You might want to use factory stuff, or you can use what I used (I’ll have pictures emailed to one of you ppl soon). What I used appears to be working fine. It is also cheaper, you don’t need the clutch hose or whatever.

Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings Since the shifter is apart, you might as well get these ones. I like them, but then again, I have nothing to compare it to.

New Grounding Wire I had to use a thicker one because if I recall, the
automatic grounding wire is attached differently then the manual grounding wire, I think you can make it fit some how, I just went and bought one for 5 bux Canadian, so for you ppl in the states, its like free

Also, you'll need all the miscellaneous bolts and stuff. I do not have them all remember unfortunately hehe. What I suggest you do is, go to your acura dealership and ask them to print you out pictures of the shift linkage, transmission, with all the part numbers listed.

This way, you'll be able to tell what bolts you'll need. You could also just refer to the factory service manual or helms. In the factory service manual, it tells what bolts are needed.

Sorry for the delay guys, and yes the pictures and the step by step will be coming. I promise.

Thanks to Shamoo, YHT988, Dennis, Beatdownvictim, DouLik, Pachilla Leader, Lightning, just to name a few who have helped on this swap process in parts or advice. Those who I missed, i've just forgotten your user name, sorry!!!!

Well, this is what I believe to be 100% accurate. If I missed something please IM me and I will correct it.

Additional Parts:
8? 17mm 12 point screws If I recall correctly, there is 8 of these damn 17mm 12 point screws. (12 point is the type of socket head you use to remove this; and the size is 17, these screws are probably called something else) Anyways, there are these same screws on the automatic flexplate, but what i noticed is that the manual ones are about 1 to 1.5 cm longer. These screws hold the flywheel in place, so you probably should use the manual ones. I'm guessing the longer the better. I'm guessing only, not 100% sure they are better but these screws were originally on a manual flywheel so you should probably get these if you can. Sorry eheh these are called Flywheel Bolts ... i'm so bad at terms...

Manual Stiffiner If you have access to like a factory service manual, you'll notice you have to remove a stiffiner (its silver metal piece with 3 holes; connects tranny to engine from the bottom); the auto one is different then the manual one.
I don't know if i have a picture of it, but if i do i'll send it to be uploaded also.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net/...5=ENGINE+MOUNT

according to this, you need parts 11 BRACKET, RR. , and 15 BRKT, R. FR. STOPPER

[Modified by AzN_Flava, 12:08 AM 9/7/2002]

[Modified by AzN_Flava, 4:20 AM 9/7/2002]

[Modified by AzN_Flava, 1:39 AM 9/10/2002]

[Modified by AzN_Flava, 8:05 PM 9/11/2002]

[Modified by AzN_Flava, 1:25 AM 9/20/2002]
Old 09-06-2002, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (AzN_Flava)

hey azn_flava, great to hear u got everything werked out!!! So did you ever figure out where and why the tranny fluid was leaking?? Can't wait for the pics. I'm sure others are eager to see as well. But again, good job! Keep us posted!
Old 09-07-2002, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (pdcdragon)

i think you may be able to get pix of the transmission at http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

Modified by slomob18b at 5:15 AM 10/30/2003
Old 09-07-2002, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (pdcdragon)

I still havn't figured it out where the fluid is leaking from, i think i didnt properly seal it up when i closed the tranny. Probably not enough silicone or whatever that gel type stuff im supposed to use...

As for the pictures, they will be coming... Still thinking of every little miscellaneous part... but this should be it... i'll keep adding if anything
Old 09-09-2002, 06:25 AM

Thanx for the parts list AzN_Flava. when can we expect some pics of the instal?
Old 09-09-2002, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (LTB420)

Old 09-20-2002, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (JeffNA)

Just wondering....What EXACTLY are the dangers of doing this conversion? I've heard of Differential in the Transmission literally exploding throwing shrapnel everywhere. There will be minor problems like wiring issues, but what are the real major dangers by doing this?
Old 12-19-2002, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (fleaf)

do you need to change out axles? i heard the auto axal is thinner then the manual. not sure
Old 12-19-2002, 11:27 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (Ronin Integra8)

axles are the same, you do not need to get new ones. Just get a manual intermediate shaft.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:16 PM

I converted my car into a stick, and i used the same intermediate shaft from the automatic.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Manual Intermediate Shaft (they look pretty similar but nope, the auto is different)

this if for b series right..i wonder if its the same for the d-series..

Old 06-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 06-16-2003, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (sohc_vtec)

There are NO "dangers" to swapping to 5spd, the only thing thats different is my car drives a bit harder, meaning more vibrations in cabin, probably due to the fabricated side tranny mount. Other then that its perfect.

One question, what do these shift linkage mounts (aftermarket ones) do for you anyway? and how hard are they to put in exactly?
Old 06-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (sohc_vtec)

Yeah for the b-series it was different. It wouldn't bolt for me, maybe theres a difference in the years, but the one I used, no can do.

As for the shift linkage bushings, they were just the Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings. They are supposed to make the shifts feel more smooth and crisp (i believe). At the time, I purchased them because I thought I might as well go for them because everyone recommends them over stock, and I didn't have hte stockers to begin with anyways. They are easy to put in.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:21 PM

I had an auto to manual swap on my car and i would recomend buying a tranny mount from placeracing.com instead of custom one. Just ask for the auto to manual tranny mount.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mintegra97)

how much was the auto/manual tranny mount?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

still waiting for step by step

o and whats this 'flywheel cover'? pics?
Old 07-03-2004, 02:03 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=914563 for auto to manual tranny mount.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (mintegra97)

Anyone else wants to take a stab at this thread with PICs for instructions, this would be a bomb *** tutorial for many users. OP is probably not around anymore since its oldddd
Old 07-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto To Manual Parts List (SD350z)

this **** is good
Old 07-30-2004, 01:40 AM

about how much does tha whole thing cost?
Old 07-30-2004, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itzL)

1500-2000 usually as I've learned. That's for parts and labor. You can find parts for about prob 700-1000. That is if you're going on stock everything. Expect more for a hydraulic tranny, or lsd equipped and aftermarket products for clutch and what not.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Integra_Nguyen)

Bringing this to the top. I'm hoping to get this done in the spring. I don't really want to drive stick in the winter. Anyone willing to do this and take pics for a write up?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Poopie)

a few things ive heard. and a few things i have to ask.

1.) do i HAVE to swap gauge clusters? (ive already got a tach in mine)

2.) do you or dont you have to use a manual ECU?

3.) you do not HAVE to use a manual center console. if you are all about making it look pretty, then yes, if you just want it to function, no. you can dremel out the edges ever so slightly so that you can hit each gear w/o rubbing the edges.

4.) i already forgot

4.1) Manual Intermediate Shaft (they look pretty similar but nope, the auto is different) <---- what is the real answer to this? ive heard you have to change it, ive heard you dont. do you? or dont you?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eymnewdc2)

misc bolts that you need are

1. Long *** starter one the bottom one,
2. you need bolts where the shift linkage and the washers where it belongs to
3. Bitch pin that hold the shift linkage to the push rod for the gears
4. 2 bolts that connect your shift linkage to your interior
5. MTranny FLY WHEEL BOLTS they are too small MT are longer get them...
6. buy a new fork pin, the manual fork where the throwout bearing is at

thats all i could think about now...

Quick Reply: Auto To Manual Parts List