Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Why NOT to get autozone axles

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why NOT to get autozone axles

Well, I noticed my passenger side axle was needing replacement. So I took a risk and got an autozone axle. BIG ****UP. For about two months my car would vibrate on acceleration. I didnt know what it was and EVEN got a random misfire which turned out to be a coincidence, a faulty injector.

So after getting a real remanned axle guess what? The vibration disappeared. Just my 2 cents, but if I had to do it again I would just stick with raxles or the like to ensure a quality piece that doesnt cause me to miss my auto x events...

Oh and this is how I came to the conclusion that it was my axle causing it before getting a new one...

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...PagePosition=1

I thought i'd provide this info and link so from now on anyone who searches "autozone axle" should find this thread in honda tech and hopefully save themself the huge *** headache I went through..

Last edited by BoltonGSR; 05-02-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Link
Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why NOT to get autozone axles

That sucks man it makes me mad when you spend the money for parts and it's still not fixed in the end... I recently built my motor and bought one of the better thermostats from autozone. It lasted about 10,000 miles and went bad... Not a very hard fix, but I don't have the time to mess around with stuff I already fixed... I'll be sticking with oem from here on out.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree. i bought si axles for my si and they were too short, feel out of the passenger side while i was pulling out of my driveway
Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You can buy new axles at autozone, instead of reman. axles. I have had good look with NAPA axles lately. Just don't get Remans get NEW axles.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dur it sounds like you people arent checking ya parts before ya leave the store. i bought tones of part for my rides and have had an issue yet. that goes for new and remans too
Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought re-maned axles from NAPA and drove on it for 2 months, and recently I took a 14 hour straight drive from South Carolina to New York and it works perfectly. Some people have problems because they over tighten them or something.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My passenger side "lifetime" warranty axle from autozone kept popping out and seemed a little short so i slid the boot back on it and it has been fine ever since.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my buddy bought a brand new axle from autozone and drove it for 300 miles and it took a dump. car would vibrate when accelerating. i checked all motor mounts, tire pressure. and said im sure its your ghetto autozone axle. luckily i had a spare one laying around swapped it in and the vibration went away...so F autozone and Napa crap
Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

when you posted this thread https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/cannot-fix-vibration-under-acceleration-2550672/ i thought it was your axles, I mine are vibrating also, which I didn't have a vibration until I replaced my axles with AZ axles. I still need to take I mine back and get them replaced. Whats funny is the original axles had 150k on them and only clicked a little, but no vibrations, but the boots were toast and throwing grease everyehere, so I went ahead and replaced both sides so now I have to do it again. Also mine were brand new units not remans
Old 05-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The problem with autozone axels is the teeth are shorter than the original part for the integras...when you start to accelerate on some integras usually the da the car will shake at time the axel wont pop out but will stay in place depending on your tranny.if you have a good tranny it wont pop out but most of the time axels from autozone mess up..i have had this problem tons of time with autozone axels mostly on my da and friends da's..they pop out when you accelerate then let go of the gas. So its true save the trouble spend a couple extra bucks to get a good part from an actual spot that can guarantee it ..autozone i would say is a one stop mom and pop shop for parts that will be replaced afterwards other than that im straight jdm/namebrand.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Once i used an axle from Advanced auto and whenever i shifted if felt like a loose mount. Checked all my mounts, they were fine. still thru the trouble shooting, i hop the the freeway one day and get lots of vibration like my wheel was loose. I pulled over and checked, it was fine. Went home and checked the axle (( last thing on trouble shooting))) it was done..fortunately i had a used oem one lying around that needs to be replaced for slight clicks but its better than the feeling that the axle is going to come out
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

autozone axels are JUNK! they are rebuilt and never work the same as OEM axels.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hrmmm, ive been running the same set of new autozone axles in my 400+hp turbo car for 2-3 yrs now. even quite a few launches on slicks at 7500, they have held up fine for me