Old 02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to: sunvisor wrap big

Well we will start with tools needed.

1.flathead screwdriver
2.Sharp razor blade
3.New fabric of choice
4.Headliner glue (i used a product from joann fabrics 2 times strength)
5.Hot glue gun with glue sticks of course

step 1.Remove sunvisor from vehicle.(if you can not do this or need pics you shouldnt be trying to do this project)

and you end up with this SSPX0061.jpg
step 2. you cut in the middle with a razor blade SSPX0063.jpg
open and you will have to turn the mount to get it to open all the way.
step 3.take the front cover off the mirror by using a flathead to move the tab out towards the cover and pull up on the cover.Be careful not to break if you are going to use again.Insert flathead in these 2 holesSSPX0132.jpg
step 4.Once you have the cover off open the visor and pop off the outer of the plastic rivets holding the mirror on either by finger nail or flathead gently lifting up they come out easy.Try not to break the entire plastic post you will see what i mean.SSPX0133.jpg
once you've done that u can pull out the mirror assembly gently.
Step5.trim excess fabric from around diameter of inside the visor.SSPX0091.jpg
Step 6.lay out your fabric and place your open visor on it.Trace around the perimeter of the visor with about 1" to 1.5" extra to fold over the edges.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Max McNasty; 02-24-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to: sunvisor wrap big

starting where we finished off.After you trace and cut it should look like this SSPX0136.jpg.
Step 7.take your glue and spray a test spray to get used to the stream and pattern then spray the edge you are going to work on.Test with your finger and see if it is tacky when it is tacky fold your fabric over and rub it in.I chose to start with the longest straight edge and work my was around.(be careful not to touch the good side of the fabric if you have the tacky glue on your hands).When your doing your corners depending on what type of fabric you are using you may have to cut slits in the fabric or fold it over eachother to make it do what u want and make nice corners.
Step 8.Once you have covered the visor and are happy you have to cut the hole for the sunvisor holder thing(not sure what its called but it holds the sunvisor in position in the car) what i did was cut an x in the fabric and use hot glue gun to secure the pieces on the cardboard backing.
Step 9. If you choose to put the mirror back in use a nail and poke it through the existing mirror mounting holes in the cardboard through the fabric.Insert your glass mirror in the mirror holder and pushn through the holes.Take your hot glue gun and have pressure on the mirror so the mounting tabs poke through apply a generous ammount of hot glue to the tabs and when dry you can reinstall the cover tabs and cover.
Step 10.Use the hot glue gun and run a bead about 1/2" to 3/4" from the perimeter edge on one side of the card board backing and spread some on the inside the bead you just layed as well.Close it up hold prtessure for a couple minutes and your good to go when done it should look like this.SSPX0146.jpg
Sorry for the crappy write up and pics if anyone has questions ask them here or pm i will help the best i can.
Attached Images   
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

crafty
Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Nice how to but that looks really tacky.