Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Can i fit mazda miata wheels on a 94 gsr? Both are 4x100?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i fit mazda miata wheels on a 94 gsr? Both are 4x100?

Can i fit mazda miata wheels on a 94 gsr? Both are 4x100?

Do i need a spacer? well they clear stock gsr brakes.

Reason i ask cause i got a set and i dont have the calipers on it and i lost the bolts so i need to bolt them up but cant find a donor car for the bolts so i cant really put the wheel on and check clearances.

Please lmk. Or do i need like a spacer, if so how many mm? Thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Can i fit mazda miata wheels on a 94 gsr? Both are 4x100? (80 dolla crx hf)

While the hub pattern is the same, the Miata hub bore is smaller.

To fit those wheels, you'll need to grind the center bore large enough to fit over the Honda hub. Of course, by doing so you might weaken the structural integrity of the wheel itself and will lose having a hub centric mount.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any pics or idea as to how much? i slide them on my integra and they fit fine just like stock with no movement in them.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (80 dolla crx hf)

do not do it man i tried putting my stock mazda alloy wheels on my integra and thought the same [freak]ed my alignment all up plus she felt like a freight trian offroading in the mountains
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (steveharrmr23)

Yea you can fit them on a gsr. all you have to do is have the hub bored out less than 2mm. you will have to get them bored out to 56.03 +/-0.01 mm. then they will fit fine with no other modifications needed. this is how it looked on my car: http://www.flickr.com/photos/i...98905/
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont see why i need to bore them out .01mm or bored out to less then 2mm

I put them on today and they fit fine no movement and clears everything fine.

Tunernoob:
Also why did you say that i will lose the hub centric mount?

Honda dont have a hub centric they have a lug centric. They 06 si is hub centric but i am talking about a gsr 94 tegra.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well just go ahead and drive it around when you hit 60ish i bet you start to vibrate like a bitch
Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80 dolla crx hf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Tunernoob:
Also why did you say that i will lose the hub centric mount?

Honda dont have a hub centric they have a lug centric. They 06 si is hub centric but i am talking about a gsr 94 tegra.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Incorrect. The stock wheels your Integra had were hub centric. "Blades", "LS Mesh", and even the steelies, are all hub centric.

This is why (good) shops offer hub centric adapters for aftermarket wheels, which have a larger hub bore than the Honda hub.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM

Default Re: (TunerN00b)

I just got these for 600 cash from craigslist. I put them on my 91 ef hatch without boring the hub or putting spacer on them, All I did was putting the right size lugnut and torqeuing it to 100lbs. it works just fine and I even drove it 0ver 100mph without any vibrations. They are 15x6 45 offset and it is off a 95 miata M edition. I will post some pics later

Modified by TeamCeper at 11:33 PM 10/14/2008

Last edited by TeamCeper; 10-20-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeamCeper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamCeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got these for 250 cash from craigslist. I put them on my 91 ef hatch without boring the hub or putting spacer on them, All I did was putting the right size lugnut and torqeuing it to 100lbs. it works just fine and I even drove it 0ver 100mph without any vibrations. They are 15x6 45 offset and it is off a 95 miata M edition. I will post some pics later

Modified by TeamCeper at 11:33 PM 10/14/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sweet Rims for 250 bucks.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18CYAAA)

i bet this miata's suspension is [freak]ing crying this is a random image of a miata with those rims that i found
Old 10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (steveharrmr23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steveharrmr23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bet this miata's suspension is [freak]ing crying this is a random image of a miata with those rims that i found </TD></TR></TABLE>

ay, thats my Girl right there lol! j/k
Old 10-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecallday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecallday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ay, thats my Girl right there lol! j/k </TD></TR></TABLE>
that's my car..what is she doing in it? j/k
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vietnamezerice)

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can i fit mazda miata wheels on a 94 gsr? Both are 4x100?

even if you did bore the center 2.4 mil is very minimal.ive done the dremmel thing on a set of bbs 14" miata special editions.put it this way.they still get balanced.period!!!!once they are balanced your set.they get put on the lugs and they get centered buy the lugs making them lugcentric.look it up.i been rolling on them for over 1yr.fine no vibrations or wobbles.now if your boring out an inch i would say different.you also got to know what you are doing.if you are a beginner at specifics on using tools,i suggest you dont do it.a shop would be best.it will not hurt the integrity of the wheel.2.4mil is just such a small amount of alloy.

i also want to say somthing about getting bolt patterns redrilled profesionally.people say the wheel loses integrity.i will tell you somthing.listen carefully cause this might confuse you as it did me.i had 2 sets of enkei or52's.one set was mine and one set was my friends.both 16x7 4x100.but his was universal 4x100 and 4x114 from discount tires.both wheels are the same as in thickness and build.just one had 1 more different set of lug pattern.if i got mine drilled too for the 4x114 bolt pattern at a machine shop it would be the same as his.if you want to go road coarse racing and put tons of stress on the wheel i think any universal wheel will give in time vs. a one pattern wheel.its just logic.

ok,now think about this.dremmiling to bore a center hub 2.4 mill even with sloppy shape vs. a universal lug pattern(having 8 un-even holes in the center of wheel).wouldnt you think that would throw off the balance.NO.....NO AND NO.

I BASE MY OPINIONS MOSTLY ON FACTS AND JUST DOWNRIGHT EXPERIENCE!!!!! THEN AGAIN.........ITS JUST MY OPINION.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Well sir, your facts are wrong. How about putting some spaces between your sentences, because right now that paragraph is VERY hard to read.

I had some aftermarket 16" wheels on my old Camry once, and lost 2 of the hubcentric rings. While you can still bolt up the wheels, you cannot rely on the lug nuts alone to perfectly center the wheel. I had no hubcentric rings on the back, and guess what? Vibration coming from the back.

Same thing with my current 16" Rota C10's on my Integra. I bought them with no hub rings, and I felt vibration at highway speeds. I got a proper set of hubcentric rings from Discount Tire for Rota wheels and Honda fitment, and it was MUCH smoother riding.

You cannot rely on lug nuts alone to perfectly center a hubcentric wheel. That's just the way it is. If you install a stock wheel on your car, with the wheel hub fully seated against the face of the brake rotor hat, notice that the wheel can be rotated slightly due to the lug holes being larger than the studs. It is impossible for those holes alone to perfectly center the wheel. Period.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Patrick, what did you pay for the hubcentric rings? I'm rolling on Rotas that do not match my center bore and it makes me uncomfortable. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by TeamCeper
I just got these for 250 cash from craigslist. I put them on my 91 ef hatch without boring the hub or putting spacer on them, All I did was putting the right size lugnut and torqeuing it to 100lbs.
You overtorqued your wheels. BAD IDEA. That's a good way to stretch your studs and/or strip your lug nuts.

And that's quite aside from the vibration problems that Patrick mentioned, which are common (albeit not universal) when losing the hubcentricity of the wheels.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can you use wheels spacers?
cause i have the same problem.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:19 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by jdmekrobot
can you use wheels spacers?
cause i have the same problem.
That depends.

Some spacers, usually fairly thin ones, are simply flat metal plates. If you use those, they push the wheels out beyond the hubs, and as a result, you lose the hubcentricity, and only the lugs center the wheels. Some people luck out when doing this, but a lot of people end up experiencing wheel vibrations as a result, even if they do everything right when tightening the lug nuts.

Other spacers, usually thick ones, have a lip in the middle to act as a centering mechanism to replace the one covered up by the spacers. Still other spacers not only have a lip in the middle, but also replace the studs with a new set of studs for mounting the wheels.

Whenever you're using spacers, you should make sure you have at least 6-7 full turns on the lug nuts to tighten them. If you don't, get extended studs and open-ended lug nuts.

When you take all of these issues into account, it's easy to realize how much easier it is to just buy wheels that are designed for the car they are going on, with the proper lug pattern, offset, center bore, spoke pattern, etc. Then there are no worries about how to overcome any of these problems. This is especially true with an Integra, since there are so many wheels on the market, including new and used, Honda/Acura and aftermarket.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxtasy
That depends.

Some spacers, usually fairly thin ones, are simply flat metal plates. If you use those, they push the wheels out beyond the hubs, and as a result, you lose the hubcentricity, and only the lugs center the wheels. Some people luck out when doing this, but a lot of people end up experiencing wheel vibrations as a result, even if they do everything right when tightening the lug nuts.

Other spacers, usually thick ones, have a lip in the middle to act as a centering mechanism to replace the one covered up by the spacers. Still other spacers not only have a lip in the middle, but also replace the studs with a new set of studs for mounting the wheels.

Whenever you're using spacers, you should make sure you have at least 6-7 full turns on the lug nuts to tighten them. If you don't, get extended studs and open-ended lug nuts.

When you take all of these issues into account, it's easy to realize how much easier it is to just buy wheels that are designed for the car they are going on, with the proper lug pattern, offset, center bore, spoke pattern, etc. Then there are no worries about how to overcome any of these problems. This is especially true with an Integra, since there are so many wheels on the market, including new and used, Honda/Acura and aftermarket.
yea thats true. i dont think im going to use wheel spacers anymore. thanks for the information.