Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H series intake manifold testing

alot of you probably remember my thread w/ dyno results from when i first did this h2b swap https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2308216&page=1

well now its just about time to head back to the dyno to re-tune for the euro r manifold which i picked up from Shawn aka Rosko Racing (i will have some pics up shortly). its a very nice piece w/ a custom fuel rail as well

since i am going back to Tempest for some more tunning, we decided to test out a couple intake manifolds while were there. First we will be re-tunning w/ the stock manifold to get another base line to start from, then we will switch out to a skunk2 manifold which was provided by my good buddy Jake aka 2fastgsr, and finally we will install the euro r manifold to finish up. we were planning on also testing a modified stock manifold which is halfway done, but we may decide to go in a different direction w/ the plenum on that one so we will save that manifold for when the motor is full built

Steve and i have been buisy at Import Sports trying to get these manifolds ready to swap out as easily as possible on the dyno. obviously each manifold requires different parts such as throttle cable brackets, egr/iac block offs, lengthened wires etc. so we wanted to take care of all this BEFORE going to the dyno. also we are using the same 68mm tb for all the manifolds so each manifold has been bored to at least 68mm we are going through the extra trouble to make sure this test is acurate. we figure if its going to be done, we better do it right.

anyway, hope i didnt get everyones hopes up on looking in this thread hoping to see dyno graphs right off the bat i just wanted to give everyone a heads up to keep an eye out for the results in the upcoming weeks

oh yeah, i will post some pics of the euro r and the skunk2 manifolds shortly, just havent had the chance to take any yet. maybe tomorrow

Last edited by NAH2B; 01-29-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: no longer import sports
Old 07-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS (NAH2B)

Thanks for the time and effort.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS (NAH2B)

So this is a basically stock H with stock cams? Props for sharing the results
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS (SIXTY)

yep stock longblock .

Can't wait to get the result text . . .

Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS (2fastGSR)

for you and Import Sports!

Looks like Jakes manifold will be getting some use!!! I will be doing pretty much the same thing on my 2.3L. I am trying to find a set of ITB's to try as well though!
Old 07-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome dude! for H-series love! Need to know what intake manifold to get next too!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shadowz7429)

Definitely appreciate the time and effort. It's good to get some info flowing on a tech forum, who would've thought?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MikeySpec)

im interested to see what kind of results the euro-r manifold yields.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bjones)

i had a chance to take a few pics today of the two manifolds i will be testing.

here is the skunk2 manifold, thanks Jake

and here is the modded euro r manifold, thanks Rosko

notice i removed the egr mounting flange

relocated the iat to the back of the manifold

and cut a good bit of extra aluminum off of the manifold in various spots

Rosko even makes this custom fuel rail for the euro r as well

well these are the two manifolds that i will return to the dyno w/ as well as the stock mani from the previous dyno session. sorry about the picture quality, im not that great w/ a camera.

i didnt get a chance to take any pics of the ported stock manifold we have been working on at import sports but i will the next chance i get. we probably wont test it until the motor is fully built as it will have a custom fabricated plenum and most likely wont be a good match to the stock internal motor.

thanks for all the comments and we are glad we have this opportunity to do the testing. we have been interested in doing this for a while but just havent gotten around to it so we are just as interested in the results as everyone else
Old 07-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn! the euro r is a nice piece of kit!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

subscribed...thanks for your time, money, effort,
Old 07-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

subscribed
Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (high_revs)

i'd like to contribute to this.... PM me!
Old 07-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AllMotorRandy)

it would be nice to compare the Magnus Motorsports H22 intake manfold with these
Old 07-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pinho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pinho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it would be nice to compare the Magnus Motorsports H22 intake manfold with these </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know there are some other options out there for the h22 but i have never been very fond of them myself. it seems like most of the larger, boxier type plenums and larger runners work best for turbo apps imo.

however if anyone is willing to send me a manifold i will include it in the test
Old 07-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NAH2B)

subscribed...
Old 07-27-2008, 06:43 PM

wao that's great
Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pesater)

bump for some great stuff going on here
Old 07-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Might have to contact rosko after this! unless someone throws something else in, the rbc adaptor etc..
Old 07-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Subbin, can u test all the IAB setups on OEM too (no IAB, double, triple stacked IABs, etc)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Whats Up DOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Whats Up DOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Subbin, can u test all the IAB setups on OEM too (no IAB, double, triple stacked IABs, etc)</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is something that needs to be documented but i think increasing the volume of the plenum with spacers is basically just creating a skunk2 manifold with shorter runners.

I bet removing the IAB's altogether would be the victor in all aspects of the stock manifold.

The euroR just performs so well, generally, in comparison to others and its hard not to love the power hump you get on the high cam.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (road.head)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by road.head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is something that needs to be documented but i think increasing the volume of the plenum with spacers is basically just creating a skunk2 manifold with shorter runners.

I bet removing the IAB's altogether would be the victor in all aspects of the stock manifold.

The euroR just performs so well, generally, in comparison to others and its hard not to love the power hump you get on the high cam.</TD></TR></TABLE>Shorter, narrower runners... I think that is the biggest fault of the S2IM

I know someone somewhere completely did away with the plates but I forgot what the results were. But I think if you ditched or completely hogged out the IAB plates you could get nice results
Old 07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Whats Up DOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by road.head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The euroR just performs so well, generally, in comparison to others and its hard not to love the power hump you get on the high cam.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with this theory... The S2 manifold looks huge compared to any of the other manifolds .. that is including all the B series after market manifolds and stock manifolds... Generally for all motor applications I think shorter runners(BEST BEING ITB's) are better but for forced induction longer runners can hold a larger charge of air for each cylinder with out robbing another cylinders charge.... Im a fan of modified OEM .. I would put all my marbles on a modified stock intake manifold with all the guts grinded out and no butteryfly plate...
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cdownin)

98vtec compared a ported stock mani to a euro R, and on his setup the euro R out performed the stock through out the entire powerband. the euro R seems like a superior manifold. very interested in results thought. nice to see some attention for the H
Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (H22Honda98)

his was not completely stock, however, the IAB plate was replaced with an 8-port blacktrax spacer and the manifold IAB ports were matched to the larger size of the blacktrax ports.

Quick Reply: H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS