Notices
Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia

Official 2nd Annual Pittsburgh Summer '09 Honda MEGA Meet planning thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Official 2nd Annual Pittsburgh Summer '09 Honda MEGA Meet planning thread

Here's the event flier! More specific details below! Post on other forums and tell everyone!!!

---------ATTENTION TO THOSE COMING FROM FAR AWAY---------

If you feel you can't make it to the initial location by 1pm, proceed directly to BeaveRun in Wampum, PA. www.beaverun.com for address and directions!

Here is the initial meet spot for the cruise if you want to attend...otherwise go directly to Beaverun!

If you attended the first year, you'll love the second. If you missed the first year, you missed a good time, but just don't let it happen again! The second year is gonna be bigger, better, and bolder in every way. Here's some highlights from '08

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2347890

Also, check the link below, there are pics on pages 24-26

https://honda-tech.com/zero...ge=24

Here is the video mix of the 2008 meet. This was shot with a 3200.00 camera, but youtube's compression makes quick work of destroying the footage...lol. Just hard to watch from my perspective after looking at HD like quality on my computer. Well, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTW3API5-1o

Better version here on vimeo!

http://www.vimeo.com/2462745

Feel free to post, make suggestions, announce your intention to attend, etc. I'll update this one like last years, and it's gonna lead to big time stuff!!

__________________________________________________ __________________
__________________________________________________ __________________

Up for '09

Plan for 2009, 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Mega Meet and Cruise

Where: Pittsburgh, PA
When: August 8th starting at 11am
What's goin on: Read below!

Start of the day will begin at 11am.

There will be an 11am to 1pm window of time to arrive at the initial location at 100 Station Square Dr. DIRECTLY beneath the Fort Pitt bridge. Upon arrival you'll pay your gate fee. During this time cars will gather, and we'll await the arrival of cars locally and from out of the area.

At 1pm, all cars will ge assembled to leave that location for an immediate cruise to the next venue.

At approx 2:30 we'll arrive at Beaver Run Motorsports Complex. A large area is going to blocked off for our arrival, and this is what we have planned:

------Karts: Ever want to drive a race kart? NOW YOU CAN...and it's cheap! 50mph and 3+g's on the skidpad. This aint' your typical go-kart!

I've got a special group rate on the karts. Helmets and jackets provided and your runs are 15.00 for the first 20 minutes, and 10.00 for additional 15 minutes. If you've never raced these types of karts the first 20 minutes will have your arms hurting good already and you'll be ready to quit..lol. That price is generally about 25% higher at the normal rate...so we got a good discount.

All karts will be equipped with an electronic transponder. ALL runs will be timed, so while your running the karts for fun, your still trying to get the best lap times.

Leave Beaver Run at approx 5:30pm and cruise to Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, PA

So, after hours of car fun already, HOW ABOUT THIS...Sharon is hosting their large once per year car cruise...and we're all up in it!

Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon is BIG. They host annual Bike Week events, huge car show events, and have a very car oriented atmosphere. They're even talking about naming a menu meal just for Honda guys!

At Quaker Steak there will be a DJ...a great DJ and some great food. The DJ is equipped with flat screens, videos playing...it'll be awesome! This is where the actual car meet will take place so everyone can check out each others rides, talk about events of the day passed, and have some good food. The event will go until about 10pm or until people feel like leaving.

I'll have a deal arranged with local hotels and I'm sure they'll be fun there as well!

I encourage out of state people to plan to stay overnight. I'll be working on a deal closeby that should be pretty affordable.

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RC000E; 08-03-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me be the first one to say im in.Everything u said sounds great.Just make sure u bring u damn car!!!!!! Any dyno ideas.Hopefully i can have my new setup running by then.

Modified by Rickcrx at 6:11 PM 7/24/2008

Modified by Rickcrx at 6:12 PM 7/24/2008
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rickcrx)

Dyno is HIGH on the priority list. I am doing everything I can to see it happen.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

ill come again count me in
Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (haby red fg2)

im with rick. make sure your own masterpiece makes it this time! im in for next definetly. ill be preregistering asap.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I should know better

Default Re: (pumpkinz6)

You already know I'm there covering it this time. Hopefully, I won't be called into work.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can definetly count me in again, I thought this year was sick, I would really like to see alot more cars from out of state come...a couple years ago me and four other cars drove the whole way down to the Maryland meet at the Chesapeake Bay. It was like a four or five hour ride, and we drove back that night. Ready for next year though already!!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Senses Fail y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Senses Fail y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You already know I'm there covering it this time. Hopefully, I won't be called into work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Two requirements on you next year

1. You cover the WHOLE event...no time for excuses about work

2. You don't roll to the meet in some WHOOPED *** veedub covered in bird sh*t
Old 07-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Count me in. I didn't talk to many people but I had a great time. I'm all about supporting the LEGIT Honda scene with no asshats and haters (although you can't weed them all out) and as you said the whole who has the bigger bulge in their pants thing is annoying and stupid.

Next year I'll be rolling from out of state! Technically I was this year cause I'm in the process of moving to OH but next year I'll have the plates. Again thanks a bunch for this 08 meet and count me into the 09 meet.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ill be out again for sureeee no doubt.. should have more than 3 cars with us for the next one too
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill be there and by that time i will have mastered my camera skills....
Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im in! maybe my ride will be nice by then lol.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stinkbox)

That's why the thread is started now. Get everyones mind on making next year. It's a long way away, plenty of time to prepare and get on the ball.

300+ or bust....I want 300 damn it.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

count me in.

had a blast this year.

Hybrid-Theory, FTMFW!

-Chris
Old 07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AccordSleeperZzZ)

i would say count me in but i wont know if im working till the event nears.
i wanted to go to the 08 meet but i kinda forgot (around 7 o clock that day i realized that i was missing out)
I was also intimidated by all the HT vets, with their swapped and boosted motors.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hix1681)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hix1681 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would say count me in but i wont know if im working till the event nears.
i wanted to go to the 08 meet but i kinda forgot (around 7 o clock that day i realized that i was missing out)
I was also intimidated by all the HT vets, with their swapped and boosted motors. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah...never feel that way man. Don't f*ck up next year.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hix1681)

im down as long as i dont have drill that weekend
Old 08-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96ls)

I would love to say count me in as well, but it all depends on whats going on next year. I will still take place in making decisions and giving ideas for the meet, and I would love to attend, but like last year, something MAY come up. Either way, put me down for attending.

I should also be able to bring some along with me, makings for an even bigger turnout. Hopefully my girl's car will be done by then

I'll start helping spread word mang
Old 08-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gen2fanatic)

Working on the 2008 meet mix vid right now! Hopefully can get it posted up somewhat soon.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:59 AM

Lotsssssssss of time to plan this one out, Ill do whatever I can to help and make 09 a bigger meet

Modified by s10matt at 1:42 PM 8/5/2008
Old 08-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Count me in.

Had a blast at the past meet, and I know next year will be no exception. Being the "first-annual", I know there was a few bumps, but '09 will be flawless!

BTW, can't wait for the vid to be ready, didn't really see any shots of my whip lol (black EH3 hatch on blades).

GET IT GOIN'!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Uncle Ben)

yo, count me and my brother in, i'll make sure he is there this time around

i'll also work on gettin some worthy cars together from around my area, as you already kno RC000E, that's hard to come by in Uniontown, but i'll get it together
Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Uncle Ben)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uncle Ben &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Count me in.

Had a blast at the past meet, and I know next year will be no exception. Being the "first-annual", I know there was a few bumps, but '09 will be flawless!

BTW, can't wait for the vid to be ready, didn't really see any shots of my whip lol (black EH3 hatch on blades).

GET IT GOIN'! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well...vid is done, but I has some rendering/compiling issues. S10Matt came over and we got it all worked out.

Fact is though, I have to replace one small section of video, and your black/blades car I really didn't see. I am gonna look through the footage and see what I have of your car....then I'll work it in being I have an opened 4 seconds or so.

Vid came out pretty well though. I'll have more complete footage on the Pittsburgh DVD at the end of the year...this is basically for you guys that didn't show up so you know what you missed

Vid should be up tomorrow...HOPEFULLY.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Video is up! Youtube compressed the **** out of it...I HATE that! My camera is over 3 grand, and youtube makes it look like any other best buy camera footage.

Main point is though, it's designed for the DVD release...this is just a highlight of the meet! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTW3API5-1o

Better quality version here!

http://www.vimeo.com/2462745

Last edited by RC000E; 01-18-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official 2nd Annual Pittsburgh Summer '09 Honda MEGA Meet planning thread