Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

*NEW* B-Series LMA Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (not so civic)

H series are not the same part number as the b series. You will need a .040 hardened washer to put under the lma assembly for it to be the correct installed height.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (4GE4YA)

suscribed. endyn is having some LMAs made but they still dont know when theyre releasing them. Its been a month past their original release date so...
these are definately a good alternative.

Modified by patriot at 7:56 PM 6/15/2008
Old 06-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (Combustion Contraption)

(Combustion Contraption)

How did they work out for the customer? Would you use these with large cams such as pro2's?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for some feedback!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (96Spec Ek)

I just picked up a set of the new B-series LMAs (spring type with the pressed in seat at the bottom) and measured the difference in height between them and the H22 LMAs. the difference was .080". So I'm surprised people are using .040" thick washers and not getting any noise.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (96Spec Ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96Spec Ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(Combustion Contraption)

How did they work out for the customer? Would you use these with large cams such as pro2's? </TD></TR></TABLE>

They havent been run yet. I dont forsee a problem w/ high lift cams, but only time will tell.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the info
Old 06-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great find but i rather stay with my prelude lma and washer for under 8 bucks each
Old 06-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsi-t)

in for some tests..
Old 06-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am finishing up a 85x89 right now that I am getting ready to do the mother of all write ups on, since I contribute nothing else to the HT community, I will be using these new LMA's with Skunk2 Pro2's so we'll get some testing here shortly.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Combustion Contraption &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am finishing up a 85x89 right now that I am getting ready to do the mother of all write ups on, since I contribute nothing else to the HT community, I will be using these new LMA's with Skunk2 Pro2's so we'll get some testing here shortly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-21-2008, 09:11 AM

I hope you can help me with questions concerning port & polishing.

1995 Honda Civic B18C1 / GSR Intake Stock Manifold / Stock GSR TB / Stock Cam & aftermarket cam gears / aftermarket header

Do you know how far you can port & polish the head? Can you go as far as the gasket?
Is the gasket able to be bolted to the head?
Can the intake & exhaust chambers be opened?

God, I hope you can help me... I have been trying to get this answer for days & I`d really like to see my son get this car on the road, again!
I appreciate any help, suggestions, recommendations and/or referrals that you can supply.
Thank you!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (nogood89)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nogood89 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you can help me with questions concerning port & polishing.

1995 Honda Civic B18C1 / GSR Intake Stock Manifold / Stock GSR TB / Stock Cam & aftermarket cam gears / aftermarket header

Do you know how far you can port & polish the head? Can you go as far as the gasket?
Is the gasket able to be bolted to the head?
Can the intake & exhaust chambers be opened?

God, I hope you can help me... I have been trying to get this answer for days & I`d really like to see my son get this car on the road, again!
I appreciate any help, suggestions, recommendations and/or referrals that you can supply.
Thank you!</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong topic to ask this question. why did you reply to this?

if you search around HT you will find lots of information on head porting. as long as the person doing the job knows what they are doing then how much or how little removed maked no diffrence. if you plan to do it yourself for the first time then i think you will have a big heavy door stop by the time you are done.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (non-VTEC)

H22 coil type LMA.

Recently Honda just replaced the 2000 Civic SI LMA with a coil type LMA, but it has a pressed in .090" thick "seat".

And not to my surprise they are exactly the same height as the ITR LMAs.

I just finished installing them in my car and will have a "results" follow up after a test drive. But here are some more comparison pictures.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (dplatt)

Thanks for the good info! The coil parts of the two LMA's look remarkably similar. You are putting these in a B-series engine? Which did you put in, the H22 version plus spacer or the B version? Could you tell how close they were to coil bind? Was there any slop when fully extended (i.e. was the rocker still pressed against the cam)?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (flyrod)

14820-PCB-003 $8.50
14820-PCB-305 $24.41

Hmmmmm
Old 06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (pgpbubble)

So basically the little aluminum spacers on the new b-series lma's are $15.91 on top of the cost for an h22 lma.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (Kevin)

I can't wait to go into work tomorrow and see cost of the 14820-PRB-305. Most likely they'll be around 12 dollars each hopefully.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (pgpbubble)

It's not an aluminum spacer but a hardened steel spacer. The springs of the H22 LMA and the new B-series LMA are identical. I'm going to be running the new B-series version with Toda Spec Bs in a high compression B18C, so I will let you know if there are any problems.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is just another way they take our ideas and capitalize on them. But come on charging the same price??? atleast 4 bucks over preludes but no 22$
Old 06-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (xsi-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsi-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is just another way they take our ideas and capitalize on them. But come on charging the same price??? atleast 4 bucks over preludes but no 22$ </TD></TR></TABLE>

I couldn't agree more. I've already drawn up the seat in ProE and I'm getting a quote to have a batch made and full hardened. I originally had a set of the H22 LMAs, but after getting frustrated not being able to find a hardened washer in the right size I ordered these when they came out. The seat not only raised the LMA but it keeps it nice and centered in the LMA hole (notice the taper on the seat which matches the ITR LMA tapered seat).

After installing with my Toda Spec Bs I turned the motor over by hand and watched the springs at full lift. they do compress quite a bit, but the coils still have space between them. I did notice turning the motor by hand was pretty tough, but this could be due to the new valve springs I installed at the same time (10% stiffer than my previous springs).

So after doing the "hand crank test", I buttoned it up and started her up. Sounds much better than before. Nice and quiet other than "normal" valve train noise and the sound of my forged pistons. It was late so I didn't take it for a test drive (still had to let it warm up and adjust the timing). But at idle they are seeing the max lift so I doubt there is going to be any issues. I'm going to take it for a drive today and share results of the road test.

Modified by dplatt at 8:55 AM 6/23/2008
Old 06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

picked up a set of these new ones... considered getting the H22 ones but eh... as i've gotten older and more well paid peace of mind has become more paramount than saving a few dollars.

dplatt,
If you had those spacer/washers machined and ready for sale I would have definitely picked them up from you in addition to the H22 LMAs
Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXDrew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXDrew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">picked up a set of these new ones... considered getting the H22 ones but eh... as i've gotten older and more well paid peace of mind has become more paramount than saving a few dollars.

dplatt,
If you had those spacer/washers machined and ready for sale I would have definitely picked them up from you in addition to the H22 LMAs </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, If I had them machined I would have kept the H22 LMAs. But I guess I needed the new ones to get the dimensions/taper of the spacer.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dplatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not an aluminum spacer but a hardened steel spacer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will be ordering a set of these soon as i think its time to go through my built head and freshen it up before bigger cams.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info (Kevin)

Took the car for a road test today. brought it up to 9k and everything seems fine. I don't think there are any problems using these LMAs with Toda Spec Bs. Not sure about Toda Cs or other stage III cams, but I'm sure someone will do a bench coil bind test.

Quick Reply: *NEW* B-Series LMA Info