Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

REQ: TSB or Recall Information : Air in Brakes : 2006 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default REQ: TSB or Recall Information : Air in Brakes : 2006 Accord

Interested in rumours regarding a hidden TSB or recall related to air in the brakes caused by activation of the VSA.

One of our 2006 6-6 cars is just fine, but the other one has a brake pedal that goes to the floor like a track car at the end of a day of sprint sessions.

A normally reliable mechanic and a normally reliable dealership are contradicting each other regarding the existence of this TSB (or recall).

Modified by George Knighton at 8:58 PM 4/7/2008
Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: REQ: TSB or Recall Information : Air in Brakes : 2006 Accord (George Knighton)

Old 04-12-2008, 06:34 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: REQ: TSB or Recall Information : Air in Brakes : 2006 Accord (ekb16)

Thank you very much for posting this information. I went as far as asking a Honda dealership about the existence of this issue, and for some reason the issue was claimed not to exist.

Unfortunately, of course, the car on which the issue exists is <u>not</u> the car with the 100K warranty!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 AM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: REQ: TSB or Recall Information : Air in Brakes : 2006 Accord (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you very much for posting this information. I went as far as asking a Honda dealership about the existence of this issue, and for some reason the issue was claimed not to exist.

Unfortunately, of course, the car on which the issue exists is <u>not</u> the car with the 100K warranty!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unfortunately we see enough service bulletins and such that sometimes unless a person has actually dealt with the issue it may not be well known at the dealership. The other downside is that sometimes the service publication search engine is a bit like the search process here on H-T. If you aren't good with key word searches your results will suck.

As far as being out of warranty if the dealer you use won't work with you call AHM customer service and talk to them about it. It's a safety issue and Honda is quite often willing to extend the goodwill hand for that type of issue.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:10 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: REQ: TSB or Recall Information : Air in Brakes : 2006 Accord (someone else)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by someone else &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unfortunately we see enough service bulletins and such that sometimes unless a person has actually dealt with the issue it may not be well known at the dealership. The other downside is that sometimes the service publication search engine is a bit like the search process here on H-T. If you aren't good with key word searches your results will suck.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thank you for mentioning that. As you might have suspected, I was indeed wondering why the dealer couldn't find it.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:37 AM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thank you for mentioning that. As you might have suspected, I was indeed wondering why the dealer couldn't find it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I quite often double check for TSBs and Service News articles myself as an adviser because I know that with the exception of a few guys in my shop most of the techs ability to use the internet revolves around Ebay and **** sites.

It honestly is pretty bad that they missed that though. I chew *** here when a tech or another adviser misses something like that because it just makes us look like a bunch of idiots.

If you ever have any questions regarding stuff like this feel free to PM me. I will respond as quickly as possible. Just make sure to include a VIN since Honda is very good about items applying to vehicles within certain VIN ranges.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not be too hard on them.... looks like unless you are driving a hybrid or a v6 it is for 2007 models.