Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady

Subzero made a $4000.00 purchase from us (Bullseye Power) months ago and did a dispute charge back last week to us stating it was fraud. Thank god we had all of our ducks in a row we provided shipping info and proof of delivery to the credit card company. We ended up winning the dispute and got our money back.

So warning about them if they call and try to make a purchase I would pass on the sale no matter how promising it sounds.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (turbodano)

There are crooks everywhere.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (turbodano)

its not over yet Dan. I've had something done like this too. PM or call me about this.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (ExospeedAMcrx)

All over seas or out of the country transactions should be done by bank transfers. Just because they have all the correct bank info the money doesn't leave your bank without your consent...if it does its the banks fault. Its the safest method of sending and receiving money as a business. You have to pay a fee and get the paperwork to your bank each time but it is worth it.

I had the CC fraud deal happen a few years ago with a shop in Spain..they told their CC company they never heard of us before but months prior they used PayPal and a CC to purchase other products from us...And it was off the shelf brand name product we shipped each time...

Howard
Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (AR Fab)

wow, that is pretty shi**y -- international business can be so good right now too because of our weak dollar...hard to get that trust there though -- hope it all works out
Old 03-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (Innes)

I put this post up with hopes that other companies would not fall for the same trap. We can handle the loss but smaller companies may fold from such scum baggs.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow people in this world never seem to stop amazing me. hopefully everyone sees this and no one else gets scammed
Old 03-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just thinking to send them my crank to be balanced

I think i am not going to balance it now

Thanks for the inform.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 AM
mh
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (AR Fab)

It's so much easyer to use paypal than any other method of payment that I've pretty much stoped buying from people only accepting wire transferes. I live in Norway, and the wire transfere is a 7-15 days thing, and about 7 days shipping and atleast 4 e-mails back and forth getting ALL the bank information. compared to paypal wich is 1 hour.

I'd say you are only hurting your own bussiness by only accepting wire transfere.
not that it not safer, but it's just as unsafe for me if the company is a scam. If I wired the money I'll never see it again.

Setting up mailbox addresses in the US is not a problem either so your not safe if you only exclude the internasjonal orders.... just so you know I've even got one, so that I can buy oem honda parts, 'cause they don't ship overseas.

Not trusting everyone from the first second is probably the best thing you can do.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (mh)

thanks for the heads up Dan.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's so much easyer to use paypal than any other method of payment that I've pretty much stoped buying from people only accepting wire transferes. I live in Norway, and the wire transfere is a 7-15 days thing, and about 7 days shipping and atleast 4 e-mails back and forth getting ALL the bank information. compared to paypal wich is 1 hour.

I'd say you are only hurting your own bussiness by only accepting wire transfere.
not that it not safer, but it's just as unsafe for me if the company is a scam. If I wired the money I'll never see it again.

Setting up mailbox addresses in the US is not a problem either so your not safe if you only exclude the internasjonal orders.... just so you know I've even got one, so that I can buy oem honda parts, 'cause they don't ship overseas.

Not trusting everyone from the first second is probably the best thing you can do.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

as a customer i understand what you are saying about wire transfers, but businesses have their reputation, and customer service history, that you can rely on. as a business we dont have that luxury. wire transfers are always safe for us. international orders are always tricky. 4k dollars out of our pockets is no fun.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (mike@synapse motorsport)

That is surprising. They have acutally placed a few orders since last year and no problems. I actually met them at SEMA last year....95% of the time we only take wire transfers for international order or paypal to varified addresses.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (Darton)

They seemed ok to deal with until we had 4K come out of our bank acct without notice.

JUST TO CLARIFY THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SHOP called Sub Zero IN FLORIDA.

It is the one in Dubai.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (harhoosh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by harhoosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just thinking to send them my crank to be balanced

I think i am not going to balance it now

Thanks for the inform.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to hi jack,
But if your not going for crazy HP the OEM Honda crank is near perfect. Don't waste your time or money.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (1992Si)

I had a kid in Cali do this to me with an AEM EMS. I got the shaft. If I posted his name I'm sure someone would know him, but I'm just going to drop in one of these days and take care of it.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:11 PM

Woah, met them both times i was in dubai they seemed pretty straight up. Sorry to hear that.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (mh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's so much easyer to use paypal than any other method of payment that I've pretty much stoped buying from people only accepting wire transferes. I live in Norway, and the wire transfere is a 7-15 days thing, and about 7 days shipping and atleast 4 e-mails back and forth getting ALL the bank information. compared to paypal wich is 1 hour.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow...everytime we do a transfer it takes ACCT# / Routing # / Bank name and address / business name / fill out 1 page of paperwork with said info and yours and less then a day to confirm....

Banks in Norway must be behind the times if thats the case...We have sent/received from atleast 20 or so countries in the past like this..

PayPal is safe....but the fees add up! Some banks charge for the transfer fees but if you have a good rep with the bank you wont get charged for them....

Our dam CC fees last year were insane!

Modified by AR Fab at 9:21 PM 3/31/2008
Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (XtremeRaceCars)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XtremeRaceCars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Woah, met them both times i was in dubai they seemed pretty straight up. Sorry to hear that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The guy seemd real cool the times we spoke and i was actually making plans to go over there and do r&d with them.

I am puzzled by this as well. Its not like they were a new customer. We won our case but had to eat $1200.00 in shipping since the cc company does not cover that some how.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ouch, $1200.00 in shipping for a $4000.00 order.

Talk to Carl Jr next time and have him hand carry the order...lol

Old 04-01-2008, 02:58 PM

I will be over there for the next 3 races in Bahrain, Qatar then Dubai. I will encourage they square up. It's just not good business. We are all in this industry together we need to build it up not drag it down w shady dishonest acts. That is robbery as far as i am concerned.

I tell you I have had this happen twice since we have been in business and it sucks. I will definatlely try to be a mediator.

Carl
Old 04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady (XtremeRaceCars)

Thanks Extreme

You are a great example of a leader in our industry.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Impressive Carl, way to step up.

Not sure many would that in this case.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:22 AM

hey all
i just thought i would say my side of the story, well first of all i had good dealing with bulls eye untill i used there products, lets say the only person that got ripped off here is me , well lets say i pent over 20000 usd in a mounth on this guys products i was promissed worantee and got nothing every turbo that i go off you blew up within 2 weeks of installation when i sent some of the turbos back there was no such thing as worrantee and got bills back to repair the turbos for nerly the same price as i bought them for as for 4000 usd thats all a lie all that happend was i back charges the shipping on bulleseye
(900usd) as i lost alot of money returning money back to my custemers becouse of the fulty turbos then bulleseye had the nerve to charge my credit card 4000 usd to repair 3 turbos that i said not to repair and to for bulleseye to keep the crap turbos as a gift from subzero. at the end i sent the turbos gulf dealto another airwerks dealer to repair all of bulles eyes f.....ups so when i found out he charged my credit card 4000usd for no reason with out permision and i didnt want the turbos i got my bank and solicitor go get my money back from what bulles eye has ripped me on. anyone can get referances off any company we deal with that sells good product Autronic gulf dealer, vp racing, manley, darton, magnafuel , snow performance , par , cp pistons , grp , and many other companeys , i spend over 200000 per month with these companeys with no problem
just setting the story straight
Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how come so many people have trouble with the bw units?......... i was considering to switch from my 42r to a s372 and my tuner (very well known and extremely successful sfwd racer) warned me not to
Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mec. pedri)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mec. pedri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how come so many people have trouble with the bw units?......... i was considering to switch from my 42r to a s372 and my tuner (very well known and extremely successful sfwd racer) warned me not to</TD></TR></TABLE>

never heard that before , actually heard the opposite.

there are always 3 sides to every story, but the way i see it if the turbo was ok when installed and took 2 weeks to "blow up" then it was probably lack of oil or not proper oil return. so probably bad installation. especially with multiple failures.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Default Re: (AllMotorMark)

lol 7 turbos fail from 3 different shops??????im still using bw turbos with no probs just dif supplier turbos that dont get modified from turbo shops and we got no probs with them now,b turbos are great just be carefull where you get them from

Quick Reply: Warning about SUB ZERO in Dubai!!! Very dishonest and shady