Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

lab junkies engine swap...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lab junkies engine swap...

hi i was wondering if anybody has dont anything from labjunkies before...
are they legit at their work?
is it worth the money for their stuff?

Old 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM

Default Re: lab junkies engine swap... (xmrxnguy3nx)

what do you want done
Old 03-15-2008, 07:16 PM

Default Re: lab junkies engine swap... (xmrxnguy3nx)

dont there priced toooooooooooooooo high
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Default Re: lab junkies engine swap... (superfast666)

who would you suggest then?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Default Re: lab junkies engine swap...

prices are too high? 1000 bucks out the door to get a jdm SOHC swapped into your car? seems pretty cheap to me... i would love to hear of a better deal
Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
New User

i wouldnt go there at all.. my friend's stepbro bought a itr swap from lab junkies in San Bernardino, CA and 3 days later his car was stolen.. he ended up finding out that they made a copy of his key.. found out where he lived cuz of license when they did the credit card verification..
Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 AM

yeah i wouldnt go there either.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: lab junkies engine swap...

Originally Posted by corps909k
i wouldnt go there at all.. my friend's stepbro bought a itr swap from lab junkies in San Bernardino, CA and 3 days later his car was stolen.. he ended up finding out that they made a copy of his key.. found out where he lived cuz of license when they did the credit card verification..
why would you even make a statement like that, what is his name i am there too often to see anything get stolen from any one down there......... they store all cars in garage so pure false statement made about any theft, nor high prices at this business, they been around 4years, and for SO CAL being in recession staying alive is hard for most and they seem 3 have no problem keeping good business going<<<

ask your self this question when u want work done anywhere, how long they been around and who are the people complaining that your read about, call down there and ask THE LAB who and why, they aint got anything to hide, ive seen these lying *** customers down there being **** bout their smoke lighters in their cars, so judge for yourself. JUST ASK<<<

FYI>>>> LAB rarely sells engines to anyone because they mainly install them, and they havent done a ITR swap since 07, every1 that goes to them would be suggested to get a H22 swap over a ITR and to save their money. EVERY1 knows that of them.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 PM

damn. I checked them out. They look pretty reputable.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$1000 to get a swap done parts+labor is not expensive, but it isn't very good either. I know a guy who does B20 swaps for $300, $800 parts+labor.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did my 5 speed conversion at Lab Junkies last year. I was gonna get the B16 VTEC head and have them install it.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a b18b from them and they were real cool people. I got cheap and they gave me warrenty. Im still running the engine.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah pretty much anything you see online from anyone bashing seems to be on their wall of bad customers, and ive counted 5 since within their 4years of biz (they like to call em the customer who wanted to get extra stuff for free when the deal was already more cheaper than most) but i mean what shop doesnt have a customer who didnt get their way or dislike their car after they got it???????? its all part of biz, hahahaha look at JHPUSA and JDMCARBOY gettng bashed left and right and still getting biz cause most of the **** talking is either a customer trying 2 make a bad look, or misunderstanding between them, not you. give your on judement, call anyone or shop you hear things about and be your own judge.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM

I know all them from The Lab.. I dont trust my car anywhere else but from them. My car sat there for a month because they were helping me put my car together. NOT ONE thing came up missing or damaged. AND I HAD over $15,000 in parts at their shop.. Not to mentiona I had a 97 USDM ITR...

Take it from me, Shop here, do you swap here, and most of all BE PATIENT!!!!! Perfection and quality takes time. NO ONE likes to be rushed. And with me not rushing, my car came out perfect. THANKS CHRIS!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Vietnamese!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Nice.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol! I beg to differ. Here's a new one about this shady shop.

I'm a frequent customer with the lab which I will NEVER do business with again I known these guys for years so I speak with experience with these guys and the story of someone on here similar with a motor swap with the run around is true.

I took my car to the lab Friday last week to get a simple d15b motor swap put in and I was quoted 750 cause I was the homie. I never asked them to hook it up for cheap because I did have the funds for it CHRIS quoted me on the cost. Anywho I had bought a brand new battery, a vtex wiring harness and I also bought a tranny so all he had to do was provide everything else and it be easier. He told me it would be done by Sunday which I was like chris. I know you. Take your time hit me up let me know what's up. His employee was kind enough to drop me off and take me to the metrolink since I was carless.

As I waited to hear news I frequently called and seen how things were going the next day he told me the motor was going to a machine shop cause it got a brand new head and it'll be put on Saturday and done by Sunday. This was after I had to call about 20 times because there phone doesent work correctly not only that they have caller id. So they didn't pick up till their closing time. I told chris just to make sure everything ewas right due to the fact I have 2 kids and I was trying to put my car back to stock and have SOMETHING SAFE and reliable to put them in.

Sunday rolled around again I call and call and I get no reply. I had to call one of his boys to see what was going on. From there he gave me chris's cell phone number. I called using a different number after trying mine 2hrs later and he picked up. Suprised hearing my voice you should say. I asked him what was going on with the car and he was stuttering telling me "uh uh the car is idling wrong and I think its the dizzy" so I told him I would go out of pocket and buy a new one. He refused and told me he got it and that hell plug it in tomorrow and let me know what's up. He was more worried if I had the money then the condition of the car itself after the conversation.

Monday rolls around I here no word. I wake up at 445am to take 2 busses and a train to be at work at 7am I waited till 2pm to see if I get word then I call. After the 29th phone call I get a text message stating my car will be ready tomorrow because the shop installer wasn't in and there was more technical issues. He asked me if my brakes were low and I said no they were not and he then told me ohh well the pedal is down to the floor and its not stoping correctly. At this point I knew something was up and I asked when it'll be finished and he told me Tuesday. So

Tuesday rolls around I head there around 8pm which was the time he told me to be there which I thought was strange for a shop since I was available all day. I called my girlfriend to pick me up and take me there with the kids. I pull up and he shows up but with a cop car in back of him due to speeding down the st. After he was threw with the cops I go check out my vehicle. Here's the fun part.

I lift up my motor to see this funky *** lime green painted motor and I was thinking **** was wrong forsure I inspect everything even the outside of the car and someone hit my driverside fender it has a softball size dent right by the corner light and I said who the **** did that and he said it had to been like that already cause it was in the garage the whole time. I go to check my battery and notice I also had a new battery that wasn't my on there. It was a kirkland battery that was old and had no charge. he then try to say it had no battery when I showed up when I know damn well I had a new battery because before I took my car down there I went to autozone to buy a new battery for the car and I have my receipt as well. Turns out my battery was jacked. By smeone who also got dirty work sone to them and thought it was one of their shop cars.. yeah it didn't sound right either if that's what your thinking. If my car has been in the shop the whole time how did someone manage to steal a battery from my car? He started getting on his phone calling up people trying to see who did it before and even brought some guy over who I guess was supposed to be his I didn't see a battery in their either lullaby but after I told him I had the receipt which was still in the car his friend then changed up his story saying ohh I don't remember the battery just theinstalling the pos motor in the car.

So I start the vehicle and notcie a god awful noise and it was shooting blue smoke like no tomorrow from there I was pissed I notice my lines weren't even ran correctly and it cause my car to idle like ****. From there I said to chris man how can you do this to me? Your boy I send you customers and you pulled this same **** and you know I need a car and you know I needed something safe for my kids. He then tried to say that it wasn't his fault due to the fact it was the mechanic and the others working under it. But its funny you told me you were putting it all together when I called you several times. He didn't have a response buthe said it wasn't his fault. I guess he thought I was goingAnother thing I noticed when I got in the car to test drive it was the cars shifter was cut in half and I said "chris you got to be kidding me man how the **** am I supposed to drive when this **** is broken?" He then said oh what it is as if he didn't know. He then looked inside and said that's weird I put a mugen shift **** on there earlier. Beyond heated I started up the car once again cause it died. First off the car had no intake so I was **** from the start I couldn't even get the car a block away before it died and the rotors were rubbing against the brake and almost cause me to crash as we pulled it backn in the garage.

The lines of my vtec wires were spiced and done so incorrectly. He had my car on a p05 automatic ecu when its a manual. After 2 hrs of inspecting seeing **** was missing and not done corrrectly I then told him I wasn't paying for any of this and I got my money back. My gf was pissed my kids were in the car for 2hrs as well and my so called friend screwed me over and he thought it was funny especially since he was chuckling as he saw me drive off test driving it. Luckly my gf told me this after we left cause I had some super aggression to let out. But I try not to result to violence. Anyway my car is ****ed now and after all this I will no longer be going to his shop nor recommending any services done by him. I will be reporting to the bbb and I will be not giving you your **** back you call a motor that I checked earlier today and saw the valves are bent and that smoke is also shooting out oil. Pictures will be posted of this shitty install.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^the honda game is dirty, trust no one
Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ouch sorry to hear man. are they a sponser of ht? are they register to speak on their part of the story.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SpntegR09
I know all them from The Lab.. I dont trust my car anywhere else but from them. My car sat there for a month because they were helping me put my car together. NOT ONE thing came up missing or damaged. AND I HAD over $15,000 in parts at their shop.. Not to mentiona I had a 97 USDM ITR...

Take it from me, Shop here, do you swap here, and most of all BE PATIENT!!!!! Perfection and quality takes time. NO ONE likes to be rushed. And with me not rushing, my car came out perfect. THANKS CHRIS!!!

i remember this car>>> customer is a high roller>>> lot of money spent and once again props to the homies at the LAB this was a very very well put together vehicle.

NOW BoBaFREAK if your statement all true, that the LAB set you up to rip you off for your 750, and they made this customer spent 5 figures at their shop, now ask yourself does that make any since!!??? you burned a good bridge, chris offered to fix all that was wrong and you tried to wash away their business that has nothing to do with HONDA TECH, they have street rep, you gotta be kidding me<<<
Old 07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lets use a little bit of logic here, and seeing as how you cant even spell, logic may very well not be your game. One guy goes in and spends thousands of dollars to get his car built. Do you think that these guys are going to royally screw him or do you think they are going to do the best job possible because he is spending big bucks to get what he wants? "Street cred" doesn't mean a goddamn thing; what really matters is the results THAT I GET when I take my car in to them. If one guy can have a horror story that bad, then I don't even want to buy oil filters from them. I couldn't make a story like that up if I tried. If you can treat people you actually know like that, imagine what happens to the general public.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I drive a G35, it's silver, surprised?

Originally Posted by Cractos
i remember this car>>> customer is a high roller>>> lot of money spent and once again props to the homies at the LAB this was a very very well put together vehicle.
Oh I see. So as long as someone drops BIG BIG bucks, the work will be clean. But if someone comes in with a sohc swap, it's not worth your time/effort to do it right? Nice business ethics.

LOL, like I said man - keep it up. You are officially the worst spokesperson for a company I've ever seen.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoBaFreak
Here's a new one about this shady shop.

I'm a frequent customer, friend for many yrs, also their wholesale client with the lab which I will NEVER do business with again I known these guys for years so I speak with experience with these guys and the story of someone on here similar with a motor swap with the run around is true.

I took my car to the lab Friday last week to get a simple d15b motor swap put in and I was quoted 750 cause I was the homie. I never asked them to hook it up for cheap because I did have the funds for it CHRIS quoted me on the cost. Anywho I had bought a brand new battery, a vtec wiring harness and I also bought a tranny so all he had to do was provide everything else and it be easier. He told me it would be done by Sunday which I was like chris. I know you. Take your time hit me up let me know what's up. His employee was kind enough to drop me off and take me to the metrolink since I was carless.

As I waited to hear news I frequently called and seen how things were going the next day he told me the motor was going to a machine shop cause it got a brand new head and it'll be put on Saturday and done by Sunday. This was after I had to call about 20 times because there phone doesent work correctly not only that they have caller id. So they didn't pick up till their closing time. I told chris just to make sure everything ewas right due to the fact I have 2 kids and I was trying to put my car back to stock and have SOMETHING SAFE and reliable to put them in.

Sunday rolled around again I call and call and I get no reply. I had to call one of his boys to see what was going on. From there he gave me chris's cell phone number. I called using a different number after trying mine 2hrs later and he picked up. Suprised hearing my voice you should say. I asked him what was going on with the car and he was stuttering telling me "uh uh the car is idling wrong and I think its the dizzy" so I told him I would go out of pocket and buy a new one. He refused and told me he got it and that hell plug it in tomorrow and let me know what's up. He was more worried if I had the money then the condition of the car itself after the conversation.

Monday rolls around I here no word. I wake up at 445am to take 2 busses and a train to be at work at 7am I waited till 2pm to see if I get word then I call. After the 29th phone call I get a text message stating my car will be ready tomorrow because the shop installer wasn't in and there was more technical issues. He asked me if my brakes were low and I said no they were not and he then told me ohh well the pedal is down to the floor and its not stoping correctly. At this point I knew something was up and I asked when it'll be finished and he told me Tuesday. So

Tuesday rolls around I head there around 8pm which was the time he told me to be there which I thought was strange for a shop since I was available all day. I called my girlfriend to pick me up and take me there with the kids. I pull up and he shows up but with a cop car in back of him due to speeding down the st. After he was threw with the cops I go check out my vehicle. Here's the fun part.

I lift up my motor to see this funky *** lime green painted motor and I was thinking **** was wrong forsure I inspect everything even the outside of the car and someone hit my driverside fender it has a softball size dent right by the corner light and I said who the **** did that and he said it had to been like that already cause it was in the garage the whole time. I go to check my battery and notice I also had a new battery that wasn't my on there. It was a kirkland battery that was old and had no charge. he then try to say it had no battery when I showed up when I know damn well I had a new battery because before I took my car down there I went to autozone to buy a new battery for the car and I have my receipt as well. Turns out my battery was jacked. By smeone who also got dirty work sone to them and thought it was one of their shop cars.. yeah it didn't sound right either if that's what your thinking. If my car has been in the shop the whole time how did someone manage to steal a battery from my car? He started getting on his phone calling up people trying to see who did it before and even brought some guy over who I guess was supposed to be his I didn't see a battery in their either lullaby but after I told him I had the receipt which was still in the car his friend then changed up his story saying ohh I don't remember the battery just theinstalling the pos motor in the car.

So I start the vehicle and notcie a god awful noise and it was shooting blue smoke like no tomorrow from there I was pissed I notice my lines weren't even ran correctly and it cause my car to idle like ****. From there I said to chris man how can you do this to me? Your boy I send you customers and you pulled this same **** and you know I need a car and you know I needed something safe for my kids. He then tried to say that it wasn't his fault due to the fact it was the mechanic and the others working under it. But its funny you told me you were putting it all together when I called you several times. He didn't have a response buthe said it wasn't his fault. I guess he thought I was goingAnother thing I noticed when I got in the car to test drive it was the cars shifter was cut in half and I said "chris you got to be kidding me man how the **** am I supposed to drive when this **** is broken?" He then said oh what it is as if he didn't know. He then looked inside and said that's weird I put a mugen shift **** on there earlier. Beyond heated I started up the car once again cause it died. First off the car had no intake so I was **** from the start I couldn't even get the car a block away before it died and the rotors were rubbing against the brake and almost cause me to crash as we pulled it backn in the garage.

The lines of my vtec wires were spiced and done so incorrectly. He had my car on a p05 automatic ecu when its a manual. After 2 hrs of inspecting seeing **** was missing and not done corrrectly I then told him I wasn't paying for any of this and I got my money back. My gf was pissed my kids were in the car for 2hrs as well and my so called friend screwed me over and he thought it was funny especially since he was chuckling as he saw me drive off test driving it. Luckly my gf told me this after we left cause I had some super aggression to let out. But I try not to result to violence. Anyway my car is ****ed now and after all this I will no longer be going to his shop nor recommending any services done by him. I will be reporting to the bbb and I will be not giving you your **** back you call a motor that I checked earlier today and saw the valves are bent and that smoke is also shooting out oil. Pictures will be posted of this shitty install.

I don't know what to do I know I'm out of a car not only that a battery and my car had a fat dent and god only knows what else could be wrong but I want those who see this to spread this to other car owners as well. I speak of truth on this because not only am I a friend of this shop they were also our wholesale clietns so I personally know these guys and you think they would help a friend out. I guess I can say I did get my money back compared to those who are still waiting.

Excuse my typos I'm using my g1 phone.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CompanyFlow
Lets use a little bit of logic here, and seeing as how you cant even spell, logic may very well not be your game. One guy goes in and spends thousands of dollars to get his car built. Do you think that these guys are going to royally screw him or do you think they are going to do the best job possible because he is spending big bucks to get what he wants? "Street cred" doesn't mean a goddamn thing; what really matters is the results THAT I GET when I take my car in to them. If one guy can have a horror story that bad, then I don't even want to buy oil filters from them. I couldn't make a story like that up if I tried. If you can treat people you actually know like that, imagine what happens to the general public.
x2 not even an oil filter. I doubt BobaFreak would waste his time writing that long *** story about how he got screwed, for no reason.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guess I'll have to do a motor swap somewhere else then :-/ I was gonna buy the B16 motor and have them install it but I don't want the same thing happening to me with that horror story about the D15b. Screw that!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a bad experience with them too. I orderd a type-r valve cover, JDM ITR header heat shield, GSR ARP rod bolts. I ordered and payed online on thursday and they said it would arrive to the shop on next tuesday. So I go there on the next wednesday morning to be safe driving from san diego 2 hours away and when I get there all my stuff wasn't even there yet. I even called Tuesday to ask them if my stuff arrived yet and they said it did which was the first stupid thing they did. Then after waiting for 6 hours from 9am-3pm my stuff arrives from UPS. When my stuff arrived I opened the box and it only had the valve cover and the itr header heat shield in the box. I then ask for the ARP ROD BOLTS and he said I didnt pay for it yet even though it was already payed for online with proof of reciept. He made me think twice and then I wasn't sure so he told me to give him 40 bucks and just take the arp rod bolts. I paid the guy and left back to San Diego. When I got home I checked online to make sure if I did pay for the ARP ROD BOlts already and I DID!!! So that made me very angry and I called them back to say I want my 40 bucks back. The guy that took my money kept saying that I need to speak to the owner or manager forgot his name and that he will call me back. So i wait 2 hours and no1 calls me so I call them back. Everything I call back he would say the guys not in yet. Then I started to call a LOT for 2 days straight and I still couldn't speak with anyone. Then IT got so bad that they started to ignore my calls and Just like BoBaFreak up there I called with a diff phone number and guess what, THey pick up! So I just said **** it and I just told all my friends to not do buisness with them. All of my friends were gonna go swaps and buy their stuff because they do have good prices but nope, not anymore. PEACE!

Quick Reply: lab junkies engine swap...