Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

IACV blockoff plate??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IACV blockoff plate??

so i went on roskoracing.com and BTW that guy is God. and i noticed he makes a blockoff plate for the IACV. my question is how could that possibly work, isnt that part essential for a car to idle normal. what would be the pros and cons of deleteing your IACV.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IACV blockoff plate?? (Mr. Hat)

bump for answers..........im pretty curious
Old 01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: IACV blockoff plate?? (H22Honda98)

through tuning, you can make the car idle properly without one.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but with no tuning the idle would go nuts??
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes... why bother
Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your stock ecu isn't set up to run correctly without it. You'd have a ridiculous idle bounce.

Are you sure this isn't for adapting to a euro-r manifold or something? I don't feel like checking.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (mgags7)

no, its a blockoff plate like the egr plate.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i dont have a stock ECU. i have a chipped p06 ECU with a H22 basemap. i have a JDM H22 swapped into my Acura CL. but ive never had a street tune yet.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:04 PM

Default Re: (98vtec)

From what I read off the site is says that it's an adapter plate made in order for

you to use your iacv from your h22 or h23 on the euro-r manifold. I didn't see

anything about blocking off the valve.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

300-027 H22/H23 IACV Blockoff Plate $25.00 plus shipping
Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr. Hat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your stock ecu isn't set up to run correctly without it. You'd have a ridiculous idle bounce.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so true. i remember when i had a surging idle i took off the iacv to clean it, but when i put it back on i forgot to plug it back in. when i started the car, it was bouncing like a bitch!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so maybe i should get a street tune first.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 PM

Default Re: IACV blockoff plate?? (Mr. Hat)

Deleting your IACV is easy. You just have to short the Harness in order for your car to run. Heres a write up for IACV deletion.

If your having idle problems and dont want to shell out the cash for a new IACV this right up should help you. All Hondas have a Idle Air Control System that regulates the engines idle to stay around the normal operating temperature. IACVs are known for causing crazy idle problems and drivability problems after they go bad. This How to will tell you how to delete your IACV, Plug up the holes in your intake manifold, and loop the coolant lines back to the engine.

I am not responsible for you messing up your intake manifold, but if you have any questions or concerns you can email me at mikedamobster@hotmail.com

Needed Materials- Antifreeze, JB Weld or simular Steel Epoxy(To plug the holes in the intake manifold)

Edit: Also it helps to remove the top half of your intake manifold when your doing this.

1- First your going to have to find the IACVs on the intake manifold. The main one is on the front of the manifold with a coolant line running to it and back to the cooling system.
2- Start by Disconeccting the wire harness running to the side of the IACV. This is what the ECU uses to help determine idle as well. Your car will not drive with this disconnected. In order to fix this you have to bridge the connection. Either use a paper clip or splice the 2 wires on this harness together to allow for the deletion of the IACV.
3- Remove the IACV. You will notice 2 large holes on the side of the manifold after removal. I used some JB weld and filled the holes.
4- Disconnect the coolant lines from the IACV and and loop the line back to the system or you can get a connector from your local auto parts store and bridge the coolant connection.
5- Now for the other IACV its much simpler. This one is located underneath the throttle body on H22/h23 engine. Just Remove it, plug the holes, and loop the coolant lines back.
6- Check for vacume leaks and double check every thing is connected right. Top off your coolant as you will loose some looping your lines back around.
Start up your car and let it reach operating temperature. Then adjust your idle to around 900rpms or whats comfortable for you/your wheather.

Then enjoy no more idle problems ever again.

Pros-
-Lower Engine Temperatures, Keeps hot coolant from heating up your intake air and manifold.
-Stable Idle- My car idle at 850rpms all the time.
-More Horse Power from Cooler intake manifold.

Cons-
-In cold wheather you have to hold it at 1500-2000 rpms for 2-3 minets to get your engine to warm up.

Pictures Coming Soon, if you need an idea of where stuff is on the manifold you can see it on my car before I did the IACV deletion at:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...dID=3801 0933
Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man, thats very helpful.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IACV blockoff plate?? (Mikato Soul)

Has any1 tried this IACV deletion??
Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no iacv and a/c makes for a crappy idle as it draws the idle way down. of course if you bump the idle back up you end up with a 1200 rpm idle all the time unless the ac is on.
I have done no iacv on a car before , but it was race car not a street car that had fluctuation demands from ac and the alternator.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no iacv and a/c makes for a crappy idle as it draws the idle way down. of course if you bump the idle back up you end up with a 1200 rpm idle all the time unless the ac is on.
I have done no iacv on a car before , but it was race car not a street car that had fluctuation demands from ac and the alternator.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How would it be with no AC??
Old 02-25-2008, 05:32 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the iacv adjusts the idle based on 3 things.....engine being warmed up or not, the load from the ac, the load from power steering, or the electrical load (such as headlights, stereo and so on. I ran with no iacv on a daily driven h22 accord with ac, stereo, hid's, powersteering etc....and with a normal idle set it would be low and very bumpy idle with the ac on, and if i turned the steering wheel while sitting still with the ac on the car would stall. To fix that issue i turned the idle up past 1200 and it never got so low it stalled again, it jsut idle very high. the car that it worked fine on was a turb h22 hatch, with no ac, no power steering, and almost no electrical load, it had a hard time warming up but worked fine.

To test things....just take the iacv off, put a gasket between the iacv and the manifold so no air can go through and see how you like it. I personally hated it.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM

Hi guys I'm writing u from venezuela!! I own a 92's Prelude!! I have a similar problem!!

Yesterday I was watching some street legal races in a city near mine!!! about 93 miles from here!! I arrived there with no problem!! my lude was awesome!! but on my way back to home I had to stop and I feel a fu#$% bouncing idle.. I couldn't stop so I drive normally even doing 170 km/h with no problem!! good acceleration..

this morning idle is completly erratic... I hear a loud "pssssss" but I can't find it!!! I opened FITV valve and put my finger into it but idle still erratic... How can I check vacuum leaks??

my msn is javi.anp@hotmail.com