***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***

it depends on how you have it setup.

mine is setup like this:

system armed (ecu and progressive controller now know they gotta pay attention )
parameters met.......interpet.........

and when everything is processed and everything is in check it simultaniously triggers the output (that let's the controller know it's ready for pulsing) and the extra fueling needs

even take the progressive controller out of the equation and the interpeting, processing and responding is done before the relays of the solenoid is activated and the changes in fuel are being made...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wolve, in regards to that picture(s) you posted...Is there a WON typical hardline post solenoid, how long is it or how far away from the throttle plate? To me you said #1 was gone and #2 was low, looks like you blew it right past 4-3 caught some in 2 and put most of it in 1?
EDIT: This is also the reason conical pattern dry nozzles were developed.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FST GSR 1
Wolve, in regards to that picture(s) you posted...Is there a WON typical hardline post solenoid, how long is it or how far away from the throttle plate? To me you said #1 was gone and #2 was low, looks like you blew it right past 4-3 caught some in 2 and put most of it in 1?
EDIT: This is also the reason conical pattern dry nozzles were developed.
that's excactly what happened...

i repositioned the nozzle with a normal 90degree nozzle spray pattern in mind, it slipped my mind tough that the WON discharge tube is specifically designed to discharge a as dense as possible to minimize phasechange along the way (perfect for direct port or how it was previous on my setup )

i will display my "fantastic Paint skills" to explain my foolish design flaw:

the top one is a conventional 90 degree conical nozzle that 'everyone' uses (that spray pattern i had in mind with my positioning of the nozzle)
the bottom one is my actual situation wich obviously is far from ideal (stupidstupidstupid)
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

combined with the factor that each cilinder is getting the same amount of fuel but obviously not the same amount of nitrous

means wideband showing perfectly good afr's troughout the run but probably running in the 8:1 region at cil4 and 15:1 in cil1 combining a nice 11.5:1 on your wideband

again stupidstupidstupid

a harsh lesson in the following statement:

assumption is the mother of al f*ckups!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Most 90* nozzles are fan spray actually, only a select few adopted the conical design so far, to my knowledge. I agree, thats the problem with using 1 wideband.

While the car is down maybe you can clean up the wiring and engine bay some friend
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Most 90* nozzles are fan spray actually, only a select few adopted the conical design so far, to my knowledge. I agree, thats the problem with using 1 wideband.

While the car is down maybe you can clean up the wiring and engine bay some friend
my cheap harrisspeedworks and dynotune nozzle are conical

money makes the world go round
if i'd have enough of it my car would have 4 widebands + 4 egts for on the dyno

cleaning up engine bay.........awww....... if i'd only have the time
i'd love to do a wiretuck, but events always come up 'to early' and things need to be done fast and lowlow budget...
daily driving it does not help much

but hea, most people who do take the time to make everything pretty and how they want it, take 3-4 years to completion and by then have to sell it and never drive it. i'd rather drive it

goal for next season is 10's on spray (stock sleeves)
in 2 years the goal is, a sleeper style, full interior, full glass, 'comfortable' and finely detailed 10 sec streetcar on streettires (nitrous only offcourse )
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I meant the Nitrous wiring I see strung out and the used oil bottle as a catch can.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=145
Only dry Nozzle I see on their page...funny looks IDENTICAL to a NOS fan spray though!
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...&cat=10&page=1
Thats more of a conical design, just missing the draft angle on the discharge. I am sure more people are doing it now, just 5 years ago though you'd be hard pressed to find anything but a 90* fan.

You just described my car in the last sentence.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I meant the Nitrous wiring I see strung out and the used oil bottle as a catch can.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=145
Only dry Nozzle I see on their page...funny looks IDENTICAL to a NOS fan spray though!

You just described my car in the last sentence.
used oil bottle works like a charm for now, remember low budget

the one my mate got in (dynotune)has the same shape and layout as the harrisspeedworks kit only blue with the same pointy head
the harrisspeedworks has a very nice bowly spraypattern

very nice, i like that, share pics
picture my car in two as a stock black ej2 just how it came rolling out of the factory on 14" si rims and lowered...these are the only hints people are gonna get.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Be hard to run 10's on a 225 DR in FWD, let alone street tires! How do you plan to manage that or do you not plan to run the car on a radial?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a h22 type s pistons my wide band read when the throttle body is open 12.9-13.4 but i want to know what is the read (safe) when i push the botton for the nitrous i have 50 shots wet system
Old 07-14-2009, 04:27 PM

I got a question for the "nitrous experts". Which b series head is better for nitrous, GSR with the smaller chambers or b16/type r?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h22killer
i have a h22 type s pistons my wide band read when the throttle body is open 12.9-13.4 but i want to know what is the read (safe) when i push the botton for the nitrous i have 50 shots wet system
11.5-12.0 to be on the safe side
depending on your tune 1-2degree retard on pump gas

I got a question for the "nitrous experts". Which b series head is better for nitrous, GSR with the smaller chambers or b16/type r?
B16/GSR flow close to identical with the type-r flowing slightly more.
your name indicates you prob have a GSR, it's fine!
if you don't have a head...intake mani compatibility and desired C/R are more of a concern tough

if you're insisting, if i had to start from scratch and choose a head, i'd pick a GSR one. i like the intake port geometry (porting potential) and the fact you can run the same C/R with less dome on the piston
Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thank's your info it's perfect but my car is to rich my wideband read 10.2-10.3 when my throttle body is open let's tune!! (6)
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 AM

nah I dnt have a head yet and that screen name is old lol. It makes sense that GSR would be better but you just gave me more info as to why the GSR would be better. Since the B16/type r heads have bigger chambers, wouldnt it make sense that you could "cram" more air/nitrous to be combusted? Im new to nitrous and want to be educated
Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 PM

This thread sucks...........IMO.
People that want too control the amount of power their nitrous system makes are wasting time and should just go buy a turbo.
Nitrous is for racing, use it wide open.
I personally never had a problem with "fuel spike", click back some pages to see a real nitrous system.
People that want to install any kind of nitrous system on a street car and potentially use it there should stay way off on the side of the road when riding their bicycle so I don't run them over.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Transpoquick
People that want too control the amount of power their nitrous system makes are wasting time and should just go buy a turbo.

click back some pages to see a real nitrous system.

People that want to install any kind of nitrous system on a street car and potentially use it there should stay way off on the side of the road when riding their bicycle so I don't run them over.
WTF???

but your probably right...
we secretly all want to be like you and run a real nitrous setup in a gutted racecar with cage and kirkeyseat, because our dinky toys can't even come close to a real nitroussystem in a reallife racecar.

we all need a idol like you, so maybe we eventually come close to you

cmon man, after 6 years of nitrous experience you've only reached mid twelves in a allout racecar

the second bottle i ever filled up i make 320whp (probably about 80 more then you make)
the third bottle i ever filled up i run a 12.3@119mph banging of the revlimiter in 4th (on oldold crusty radials hitting a 2.1 60ft)

that's two tenths quicker and a whopping 14mph faster then mister proffesional with 6 years of nitrous experience
some slicks and a 1.6-1.8 60ft would've gotten me solid into the 11's (and you're still dreaming of a low 12 one day )

and oke, i made 1 stupid mistake. but that's somewhat unavoidable when you start pushing boundaries.

no wonder you never had problems with fuel spikes and only had burnt valves a couple of times. you're not making any power! and you still not making any after six years!!!

with my fooked up nitrous distribution (and even fueldistribution causing terrible lean conditions) engine failure started to occur at over 280whp

those are powerlevels you can only dream about on your proffessional dinky toy

i respected you and your setup for what it was, but that stopped when you started bashing people who try and push boundaries or want to logicly put a setup together.

come and brag when you have something to brag about. and not some allout racecar with 6yrs R&D that get's outrun by a full interior grocery getter on street tires on a simple,single and smallish dry shot on pump gas
Old 07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread sucks...........IMO.
Nitrous is for racing, use it wide open.
I personally never had a problem with "fuel spike", click back some pages to see a real nitrous system.
:S WTF??
i liked nitrous!!! 50 shot it's nothing you said, but in 3rd gear is huge power..
Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h22killer
50 shot it's nothing you said, but in 3rd gear is huge power..
go try and make that extra 50 NA
it'll cost you

you'll be bored with the 50shot soon enough tough, wanting more and more

but first get the 50 shot running properly, you'll love it
keep checking the plugs tough, wet single foggers can have uneven fueldistribution amongst cilinders, check the fuel ring at the base
Old 07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wolve
go try and make that extra 50 NA
it'll cost you

you'll be bored with the 50shot soon enough tough, wanting more and more

but first get the 50 shot running properly, you'll love it
keep checking the plugs tough, wet single foggers can have uneven fueldistribution amongst cilinders, check the fuel ring at the base
iknow 50 shot it's nothing but first is first i'm starting in this thing (nitrous) and 50 shot i feeling and i happy with this :D but i know i go for 75 shots
Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM

WTF???

but your probably right...
we secretly all want to be like you and run a real nitrous setup in a gutted racecar with cage and kirkeyseat, because our dinky toys can't even come close to a real nitroussystem in a reallife racecar.

we all need a idol like you, so maybe we eventually come close to you

cmon man, after 6 years of nitrous experience you've only reached mid twelves in a allout racecar

the second bottle i ever filled up i make 320whp (probably about 80 more then you make)
the third bottle i ever filled up i run a 12.3@119mph banging of the revlimiter in 4th (on oldold crusty radials hitting a 2.1 60ft)

that's two tenths quicker and a whopping 14mph faster then mister proffesional with 6 years of nitrous experience
some slicks and a 1.6-1.8 60ft would've gotten me solid into the 11's (and you're still dreaming of a low 12 one day )

and oke, i made 1 stupid mistake. but that's somewhat unavoidable when you start pushing boundaries.

no wonder you never had problems with fuel spikes and only had burnt valves a couple of times. you're not making any power! and you still not making any after six years!!!

with my fooked up nitrous distribution (and even fueldistribution causing terrible lean conditions) engine failure started to occur at over 280whp

those are powerlevels you can only dream about on your proffessional dinky toy

i respected you and your setup for what it was, but that stopped when you started bashing people who try and push boundaries or want to logicly put a setup together.

come and brag when you have something to brag about. and not some allout racecar with 6yrs R&D that get's outrun by a full interior grocery getter on street tires on a simple,single and smallish dry shot on pump gas
Good novel, I'm glad too know you think I'm a pro, cause I never said that. Gutted out racecar is a term coined by my buddy FSTGSR1.
Pushing boundaries? more laughable ****. You two D&^Ks can talk about boundaries all you want on the computer.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good novel, I'm glad too know you think I'm a pro, cause I never said that. Gutted out racecar is a term coined by my buddy FSTGSR1.
Pushing boundaries? more laughable ****. You two D&^Ks can talk about boundaries all you want on the computer.
i don't think you're a pro. you sound like you think you are a pro

your car is'nt a gutted out racecar? look at this (does'nt excactly look like a daily driven grocery getter to me)

your farfar away from even needing a 6-point, my best guess is that you won't get there either. everybody has to set attainable goals but dajum. if after six years you've only come to an 106mph setup

talking crap on the computer, hear yourself...

click back some pages to see a real nitrous system.
your within 2-3 mph of my stock block NA mph and about as quick as me when i'm on old crusty streettires and misshift to second

and i supposedly not even have a real nitroussystem
but i still have to try hard to let you win if we'd line up
Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if your just going to say negative **** keep it to yourself or take it to the pm's. so far since you came on here you haven't added anything positive to this thread just a bunch of bs. now behind your attitude i can tell there is some constructive criticism. why do you leave the bs to the side and fill this thread with some insightful information and check the drama at the door.

Last edited by 661rex89si; 07-17-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't think you're a pro. you sound like you think you are a pro

your car is'nt a gutted out racecar? look at this (does'nt excactly look like a daily driven grocery getter to me)

your farfar away from even needing a 6-point, my best guess is that you won't get there either. everybody has to set attainable goals but dajum. if after six years you've only come to an 106mph setup

talking crap on the computer, hear yourself...

your within 2-3 mph of my stock block NA mph and about as quick as me when i'm on old crusty streettires and misshift to second

and i supposedly not even have a real nitroussystem
but i still have to try hard to let you win if we'd line up

although wolve your right, he does have decent numbers for a nitrous only sohc z6. but all that doesn't matter when he brings bs to the table since he has been here. either way this can go on forever so just leave it alone bro. we already know who talks the talk and who walks the walk in here. dont let him make you stoop to his level.

Last edited by 661rex89si; 07-17-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM

http://www.hondaddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=209

I'm #847, Thats bragging.

Who are you racing wolve? for real I'm mean not w/ hondafairys.

Sorry OP did'nt mean too mess your thread but....you call posting pictures of my kit and a welded blockguard not contributing.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondaddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=209

I'm #847, Thats bragging.

Who are you racing wolve? for real I'm mean not w/ hondafairys.

Sorry OP did'nt mean too mess your thread but....you call posting pictures of my kit and a welded blockguard not contributing.
yeah but dont let it be overshadowed by bullshit bro is all im saying. drama stays on the pm's and in the end we all share the same purpose in juice we trust.

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***