Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"?

Im a bit of a loner so i dont need to ferry people arround all that often but i would like to be able to use it every day without too much hastle. Also can you drive them all year round if you live in North Alberta Canada? And im a keen snowboarder so i dont think there would be much trouble just puttin' the top down and placing my board in passanger side? Or would there?

Cheers. Sorry if this questions come up before but i did use the search function and found nothing.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (Jimihendrix)

1.) Noisy interior cabin (with top up or down).
2.) Lack of torque makes daily driving in heavy to severe traffic a bit of a pain.
3.) Small driving area for anyone over 5'10 and 180lbs (im 6'4 and 235lbs).
4.) Lack of stability controller on pre 2006 models make for little traction control in deteriorated conditions.

...these of course are all subjective, some feel its a perfectly capable DD, i personally found it to be quite a job to drive it in such a fashion, which is why me and my wife did not purchase another one, since as our 2nd car, it served (for one of us at any given time) as a DD...again though, simply my opinion.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (hypnosisracing)

it wasn't a problem when i daily drove mine
Old 05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (silentdancer)

Not a problem! DD all the way.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Fortune Cookie Member

i do it. but i live in florida where theres no snow...

edit: i guess i should explain... id rather DD my s2000 rather than my prelude for two reasons, 1. prelude has no a/c and 2. prelude has no powersteering. yes its by choice, but its swamp *** has gotten the best of me for 5 florida summers and i wont let it happen again
Old 05-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1.) Noisy interior cabin (with top up or down).
2.) Lack of torque makes daily driving in heavy to severe traffic a bit of a pain.
3.) Small driving area for anyone over 5'10 and 180lbs (im 6'4 and 235lbs).
4.) Lack of stability controller on pre 2006 models make for little traction control in deteriorated conditions.

...these of course are all subjective, some feel its a perfectly capable DD, i personally found it to be quite a job to drive it in such a fashion, which is why me and my wife did not purchase another one, since as our 2nd car, it served (for one of us at any given time) as a DD...again though, simply my opinion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so true to that one. i daily drive 50 miles round trip to work. it's about an hour commute almost with 75% of that time in stop and go traffic. it makes me get to work a little edgy sometimes. especially with miami's fine drivers
Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (M.A.R.C.)

i daily drive mines.. and let me tell u one thing, daily driving an s2k feels like lxury.. is 1000x better then daily driving a JDM front turbo slammed integra /w stage 2 racing clutch in traffic /w no AC in hot *** weather.. ahah

only thing i can think thats bad for a daily is it can only fit 2 ppl, and if u have amps and subs in back, not much space to carry stuff if 2 ppl are in the car..
Old 05-12-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (J.nguyen)

I dont relly "mod" vehicals in that way. Stereo will be fine the way it is for me.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:15 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (Jimihendrix)

i think i can safely say i DD'd mine the most in this time frame of a 1 1/2 of owning my S2K.. 37K on mine started at 74K finished off at 111k... all DD everyday.. hell i even picked up a B series swap and had it in my S2K and still was crusing top down!

as a DD it needs some getting used too, after almost 2 years i started to grow a lil tired of the lack of space/cramp cockpit....
Old 05-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (S@nt0s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S@nt0s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i can safely say i DD'd mine the most in this time frame of a 1 1/2 of owning my S2K.. 37K on mine started at 74K finished off at 111k... all DD everyday.. hell i even picked up a B series swap and had it in my S2K and still was crusing top down!

as a DD it needs some getting used too, after almost 2 years i started to grow a lil tired of the lack of space/cramp cockpit....</TD></TR></TABLE>

WHAT?!?!?!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (desidesire1218)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by desidesire1218 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WHAT?!?!?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i did , NO ****... i went and kicked it with some homies and they didnt believe me either... so i poped the trunk, hell i even had my laundry, gym bag full clothes and all..... good times good times....
Old 05-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (J.nguyen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J.nguyen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i daily drive mines.. and let me tell u one thing, daily driving an s2k feels like lxury.. is 1000x better then daily driving a JDM front turbo slammed integra /w stage 2 racing clutch in traffic /w no AC in hot *** weather.. ahah

only thing i can think thats bad for a daily is it can only fit 2 ppl, and if u have amps and subs in back, not much space to carry stuff if 2 ppl are in the car..</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah no doubt. i was daily driving my civic before... no a/c, 6 puck unsprung clutch, 3" turbo back, leather (for a little while), etc i'd go to work feeling like i just took a swear shower
Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"? (M.A.R.C.)

its great, you get ot decide everyday whether you want to take your skateboard or a 6 pack in the trunk
Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M.A.R.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah no doubt. i was daily driving my civic before... no a/c, 6 puck unsprung clutch, 3" turbo back, leather (for a little while), etc i'd go to work feeling like i just took a swear shower </TD></TR></TABLE>

man i feel you.. and espeically on Gym days leg days.. after i come out from doing Squats, Deadlifts, leg presses, cavles.. omG i swear my leg is all wabbolie and tired it just pissed me off.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its doable as a daily as long as you are ok with:
no leg room (for us talk folk)
little trunk space (no hauling anything odd shapped)
Sitting a lil more upright

if you are like under 6ft, may be better. I daily drive mine in the summer for the most part. Id does feel nice to hop in the SUV on occation and be able to lounge.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm only about 5' 9" so thats not a prob for a short arese like myself Lol!

"2.) Lack of torque makes daily driving in heavy to severe traffic a bit of a pain"

How? If it's heavy to severe trafic then you'll just be crawling along right? I've had HEAPS of shitty torqueless cars and no torque has only ever been a problem for me when i encountered a steep hill start (stress on the clutch) or when i'm trying to pass on the highway (gutless feeling and a bit dangerous).
Old 05-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I daily drive mine… no issues. I love sitting in traffic and scenic routes.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:15 PM

Daily driving s2000 is not a problem
You don't have to worry about theives
when i had s2000 i DD'ed and i had 0 stress
I daily a Type-R now and yes there are some places i cannot go.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ednyboo)

Been using it as a daily for 10 months and I truly enjoy it as a daily driver.

I use caution where I park to avoid door dings
I cant recline the seat back to take a nap
I cant tow

The pros greatly outweigh the cons

Modified by The Best at 1:30 PM 5/13/2007
Old 05-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Best)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How? If it's heavy to severe trafic then you'll just be crawling along right? I've had HEAPS of shitty torqueless cars and no torque has only ever been a problem for me when i encountered a steep hill start (stress on the clutch) or when i'm trying to pass on the highway (gutless feeling and a bit dangerous).</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...if you dont know then i guess it isnt something you should worry about...

And like i said, its all subjective, my personal taste requires a bit more in a DD, some dont mind...if it works for you, fantastic! Its surely a great car to enjoy on such a frequent basis.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

long time no see... welcome back
Old 05-13-2007, 10:03 PM

1. noisy
2. rattles
3. leaking top

but it's great when it's sunny out, top down it's like a different car!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:47 AM

That's why I bought the S.

But I'm NEVER driving it around snow, light car with RWD in the snow is no bueno
Old 05-14-2007, 10:30 AM

i drive mine every day and i love but theres some down falls meaning like u have to worry about scratches and hitting **** and most of all ppl hitting ur car in parking lots thats the biggest bitch but i think i am most likely not gona drive it everyday when i modd it cause its a pain in the *** theres nothing better driving a beater driving it the way u want it and not giving a expletive haha
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

daily drive means gas saving??? right??

Quick Reply: So how much of a burden is it using an S2000 as a "daily driver"?