Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Anyone using Acura RDX injectors? 410cc - $37ea

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (redlineintegra)

ok none of that answerd what was asking lol any help plz i talk to acura you cant buy the connectors by them self soo 200 n somthin dollar harness will not be worth it if i need that if its just the snap clip its a deal any help plz?????
Old 01-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NABeastRR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NABeastRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok none of that answerd what was asking lol any help plz i talk to acura you cant buy the connectors by them self soo 200 n somthin dollar harness will not be worth it if i need that if its just the snap clip its a deal any help plz?????</TD></TR></TABLE>
Or you could go to one of the Acura parts sites that show assembly drawings that have been posted everywhere before, and look for your lazy-assed self, and find out that the clips are mechanical retainers, and that you'll need to either modify the injectors to use stock RSX injector plugs or cut up a junkyard harness to use them in a B series.

/runonsentence
Old 01-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dpaton)

OK well what harness do u mean by a junk yard harness to be used in a B thats what im tryin to understand & like i said b4 im new to this sooo im not lazy thank you i just didnt understand by how the guys were wording everything
Old 01-31-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (alterdcreations)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alterdcreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those rdx injectors will work on a h22 as well
are they peak & hold??</TD></TR></TABLE> do they work on a obd2 h22?? i need them to be essentially plug and play so i can switch back and forth for friggin inspection time
Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NABeastRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK well what harness do u mean by a junk yard harness to be used in a B thats what im tryin to understand & like i said b4 im new to this sooo im not lazy thank you i just didnt understand by how the guys were wording everything </TD></TR></TABLE>

A little searching and self-reliance will get you less snarky answers around here, for the record

For use on a B, you're going to need (from what I've read and have dug around and found) the RDX injector, the o-rings from a B series injector, and the injector harness plugs from an RDX (or an RSX if you modify the injector jack a little bit). The junkyard harness I mentioned would be the RSX injector harness, which you'll need to cut up and splice into your existing harness so you can plug in the new injectors.

Of course, I'm going to wait until someone else has done it all once and follow their lead. My build is still far to early along for injector installation, but I'm hopeful the spray pattern and larger volume will make it worth it for me.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

K20a.org has pics up now check em out
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.k20a.org/forum/show...age=5

For the clickback impaired.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have we reached a decision on the saturated vs peak&hold situation yet?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have we reached a decision on the saturated vs peak&hold situation yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Pretty sure they're saturated. Honda hasn't used P&H that I'm aware of in a long time. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

TTT
Old 02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (wildoutwhitegsr)

Any updates?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Big Phat R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpaton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.k20a.org/forum/show...age=5

For the clickback impaired.</TD></TR></TABLE>

looks like k20a.org is where the updates are at. great link!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Fit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's a second O-ring at the tip of the RSX injector whcih tells me the fuel hole narrows. Looks like you'll have to drill nozzle hole out a little bigger at the bottom, might also be a good idea to open it up with a rotary tool and smooth out the edges inside the manifold to allow for proper spray. Otherwise you'll just be soaking the hole in the manifold the spray pattern advantage would get negated... Just my $.02 </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone using Acura RDX injectors? 410cc - $37ea (THCk20eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THCk20eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a thread on these injectors over on k20a.org, didnt read on it too much but the plug has to be modified and jeff from ib also mentioned a 2-3whp gain from these injectors due to better atomization from the way they spray... </TD></TR></TABLE>
2-3 whp gain from stock injectors, that's crazy. oem injectors FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone using Acura RDX injectors? 410cc - $37ea (VPR-01CTR)

Thats kinda sounding a little guetto, Haveing the plug held on with a zip tie. I would rather wait untill i could get my hands on the rdx injector plugs.
You can see that the female plug (injector side) Will have it be heavily modified as well as the harness side. Then it looks like it will be cut too far down and the clip wont hold the plugs together (thats the prob they are having now, i think)

Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone using Acura RDX injectors? 410cc - $37ea (spun Vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spun Vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats kinda sounding a little guetto, Haveing the plug held on with a zip tie. I would rather wait untill i could get my hands on the rdx injector plugs.
You can see that the female plug (injector side) Will have it be heavily modified as well as the harness side. Then it looks like it will be cut too far down and the clip wont hold the plugs together (thats the prob they are having now, i think)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yup, I'm holding out for a real RDX harness adapter too. The other thing to think about is the end of the injector...the manifolds may require some machining of the injector seat in order to clear the spray pattern for us B series folks. The nozzle doesn't sit as far down from the large flange as B series injectors do. I'm waiting to hear from braver folks.

-dave
Old 02-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Waiting on word for B-series..
Old 02-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GrnTurtle)

mine looks like the one above all hacked up it deff is a pain & the pins are on the wrong side soo once you get it that far down n think it will fit it still dont have to turn the B harness plug backwards & then it dont wanna go down on the injector soo you have to modify the plug its self also alot of headache soo now that ive got that far i gotta see how it fits in the rail & manifold sounds liek there more to be played wit to make them work
Old 02-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NABeastRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds liek there more to be played wit to make them work </TD></TR></TABLE>
That's why I'm letting guys like you take the first steps Thanks for taking the plunge for us More pics here would be helpful! Can you take some? Espeically next to a stock B series injector?

It sounds like there are 3 big hurdles here:

1. The plugs are really different. Hacking the living sh*t out of both the RDX injectors and your existing injector plugs is one way to fix it. Finding a way to buy the RDX plugs is the other.

2. The nose of the RDX injector is significantly different than the B series nose (shorter, by a lot). Someone really needs to get an RDX IM and section it through the injector bung so that we can see how we need to machine our B series IMs to handle the change.

3. Then someone needs to test it to see if it's worth all the hassle, or if we should just buy some RC 440s and call it a day. By the time someone pays for RDX plugs, the IM machining that I'm pretty sure will be required, and gets it all hooked up, factoring in the hassle, it sounds like we might not be gaining that much. I'm really interested in data on the purported improvements in atomization and spray pattern too. If they're worth it, I'm all for it, but right now I'm just a weeeeee bit skeptical.

-dave
Old 02-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Ginger Kid

instead of turning the plug backwards, re-pin the plug...
Old 02-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

someone should be able to find out where the clips are made and sell them with an adapter or leads. Rywire or jkotb one of the obd to obdxxx conversion guys or rc should be able to find out. Lets get someone working on this fix then everyone can run these . I would just put on the correct size spades and put window weld in there. Custom molded plugs if you use mold release.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

Thats a good idea.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It looks like the guys over at the K20a forum have done my manifold detective work for me, so that worry is done with. The plugs are the only one really left...short of waiting for Rywire or Locash or one of the other 'usuals' to come up with a source, it seems like hacking and slashing is it. Personally, I'll be waiting for a better option, or getting some parts SLA'd here at the office ($$$).
Old 02-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys if we can find a source for RDX injectors I could probably make a few sets of adapters that would plug into b series clips and I'd solder on the RDX clips.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Guys if we can find a source for RDX injectors I could probably make a few sets of adapters that would plug into b series clips and I'd solder on the RDX clips.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Link, for the google impaired

Old 02-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I meant the injector connectors dude, my bad on the typo but why would I need the injectors to make adapter harnesses, I'd need just the connectors.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Acura RDX injectors? 410cc - $37ea