Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bisimoto Signature B series engine to D series transmission adapter plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bisimoto Signature B series engine to D series transmission adapter plates

Originally Posted by 300whpej
BOTH OF YOU, LOG OUT AND NEVER RETURN! THIS THREAD IS 4 YEARS OLD.

haha.

but did anything ever come from this thread?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bisimoto Signature B series engine to D series transmission adapter plates

http://www.bisimoto.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1428

by Justin_Bisimoto » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am
The B2D is currently in the testing stages. We want to ensure that this adapter kit will meet the quality standards and expectations of all Bisimoto Products
I just stumbled onto this idea on a wagon forum. This is a HUGE deal to those of us who have RT4WD wagons. A B2D converter means B18C5 powered Real Time wagons! This post shows that at least earlier this summer this idea was in testing, on it's way to production. This thread might be old, but it seems that it (plus others) swayed Bisi to actually work on this idea.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

Originally Posted by Bense
The reason that nobody has done this is because it's pointless. the best sohc STOCK tranny has nearly identical gearing to the WORST b-series trans.

waste of time + money + material. What's next? 6mm spacer sleeves to run d-series pistons in b-series engines?
Im down!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread is full of whackness haha
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i cant believe i just read thru that whole thing to find out it went nowhere. wtf?
Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jseaton357
http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page10.html
I was speaking to Bisimoto recently (super hard to get a hold of!) and I asked him why he has F/H to D series adapter plates but not B to D series adapter plates. He admitted he had had requests for them in the past but did not think they would be as popular as F/H to D plates. Both a friend and myself thought it would be the other way around and B to D plates would have been the first thing invented, or am I missing something here? Anyway, he said that if I could gather support by 6 total people that he would go ahead and produce such a plate, availing anyone the opportunity to use a D series transmission with their B series engine. I figured I'd make a thread and see if anyone else was interested. Please no posts from know it alls who will question why anyone would want to do this or tell me B series is superior b/c everyone has reasons for wanting to do something different. If you support such an idea, let's hear it. Thanks.
definitely interested, have you had enough response for the b to d series plates to be made? D-series transmissionso would be great for highway pulls​​​​.
​​​​