Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ????????

I want to go a new direction with the car I know K is the way of the future but how much better is it really? Interms of horse power and $$$ for the swaps which is the better bang for the buck?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (oacrep1)

you are one lucky man to have that decision to make.

D series!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

expletive K's and H's...... B series are the way to go,
Old 10-26-2005, 05:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (fastwanabe)

The K is the better motor, but the H is a better value ($ per hp). What's more important, the motor or the money?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

K20 hands down.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:28 PM

if money is not an object, k20...if money is an object, h22...money is an object for me, so i'm deciding to do an h22 with the h2b.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (Katman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K20 hands down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not the best bang for the buck though.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (skunked)

K twizzle for shizzle .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Neither is the H though!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (hondaguyef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K twizzle for shizzle .

Neither is the H though! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Over the K hands down.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd say it all depends on your budget and how mechanically inclined you are. Neither swap is easy to do, especially the k swap. If money isn't too big of a concern i'd go with the k20 because they respond to upgrades way better than the h22.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">expletive K's and H's...... B series are the way to go,</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep the little ones always have to look up to the bigger

ONES....3/4 dp 2.4L h22

Old 10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Over the K hands down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let the arguing begin..........

The H is a lame and IMO an unpractical swap. A GSR in a Hatch can do the same that an H can so, it's not that impressive. The H has weak sleeves and only in the hands of a certain few can make reliable WHP in stock form. The H series trannies suck and parts are less abundant ( I.E spare longblocks,shortblocks, cranks, etc.)

The K on the other hand is pricey but, is very practial. It makes amazing power right out of the box, It is very reliable (even boosted in stock form) and has a decent transmission. Parts will be easily had very shortly and if you choose you can even have 2.4l of displacement that will hande 325+WHP(damn near the same torque) in stock form. The K IMO owns the H.........Hell the B owns the H

Phil

BTW, Nice H22 teg and HARV your **** doesn't count it's nowhere near stock and I don't even want to know how much $$$$ you have wrapped up in that beast.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The H is a lame and IMO an unpractical swap. A GSR in a Hatch can do the same that an H can so, it's not that impressive. The H has weak sleeves and only in the hands of a certain few can make reliable WHP in stock form. The H series trannies suck and parts are less abundant ( I.E spare longblocks,shortblocks, cranks, etc.)

The K on the other hand is pricey but, is very practial. It makes amazing power
right out of the box, It is very reliable (even boosted in stock form) and has a decent transmission. Parts will be easily had very shortly and if you choose you can even have 2.4l of displacement that will hande 325+WHP(damn near the same torque) in stock form. The K IMO owns the H.........Hell the B owns the H

Phil

BTW, Nice H22 teg and HARV your **** doesn't count it's nowhere near stock and I don't even want to know how much $$$$ you have wrapped up in that beast. </TD></TR></TABLE>

man all my parts are stock.....as far as price......hell i don't even want to know.

BUT I AM A H MAN FOR LIFE......... tq is where it's at plain and simple.

harv
Old 10-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (1700anddroping)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1700anddroping &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
tq is where it's at plain and simple.

harv</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's why God created the stock LS longblocks for me to utillize

Phil
Old 10-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K20 hands down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry dude, but this is the way to go
Old 10-27-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (RedEK9)

it all depends on the money u want to spend, aside from the k-keep in mind other things u will nedd for this swap to work out..
Old 10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The K on the other hand is pricey but, is very practial. It makes amazing power right out of the box, It is very reliable (even boosted in stock form) and has a decent transmission. Parts will be easily had very shortly and if you choose you can even have 2.4l of displacement that will hande 325+WHP(damn near the same torque) in stock form. The K IMO owns the H.........Hell the B owns the H

Phil

BTW, Nice H22 teg and HARV your **** doesn't count it's nowhere near stock and I don't even want to know how much $$$$ you have wrapped up in that beast. </TD></TR></TABLE>

h22 vs gsr in the same chasis with the same mods, h22 hands down will always win.... h/f series for life
Old 10-28-2005, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (SB tuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SB tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

h22 vs gsr in the same chasis with the same mods, h22 hands down will always win.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

But, Not by enough to make it worth the hassle.

K20 vs. H22 in the same chassis with the same mods, K20 will always win

Phil
Old 10-28-2005, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

But, Not by enough to make it worth the hassle.

K20 vs. H22 in the same chassis with the same mods, K20 will always win

Phil</TD></TR></TABLE>

its worth the hassle for me...im a fan of displacement...its all about what you want..yes stock k20a2 vs h22 with same mods in same chassis, the k will win...h is still cheaper
Old 10-28-2005, 05:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SB tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its worth the hassle for me...im a fan of displacement...its all about what you want..yes stock k20a2 vs h22 with same mods in same chassis, the k will win...h is still cheaper </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe k24....but not k20a2.

harv
Old 10-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

</TD></TR></TABLE>

My baad, I should've included K24 as well.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

h22 vs gsr in the same chasis with the same mods, h22 hands down will always win.... h/f series for life </TD></TR></TABLE>

you can't compare H22 to GSR, stock for stock, its not even close. If you compare any B series to it, use the C5 (i'll refrain from arguing the type s/euro r vs type R ).

The K holds more potential than the H, but is it worth the $? You can make an H22 faster than a K20 for the same amount of $ you would spend just putting the K in, if you know what you're doing.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ???????? (IHateJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you can't compare H22 to GSR, stock for stock, its not even close. If you compare any B series to it, use the C5 (i'll refrain from arguing the type s/euro r vs type R ).

The K holds more potential than the H, but is it worth the $? You can make an H22 faster than a K20 for the same amount of $ you would spend just putting the K in, if you know what you're doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you got a point there....it all depends on what you want to do and how $$$$$$ you got....H is good enough for me...for now
Old 10-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My baad, I should've included K24 as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is very untrue. I went from a built GSR to the STOCK H and made the same power with extra 25wtq and took 3 tenths off the 1/4 ET.

Can you say 12.7 on a stock H in a 2400lb Teg?

Tons of parts around and hell of allot cheaper. Stock heads for $250 complete....
I paid 500 for the longblock that now makes 215/163 (now run's 12.6's in 108 degree weather) stock w/the exception of cams. Let's not even get into how much better the H head flows compared to the B!!!!

PS-If money was no object I think most of us would be running a K with the exception of the guys boosting allot.

Modified by skunked at 10:59 AM 10/28/2005
Old 10-28-2005, 09:56 AM
B A N N E D

Man i had a built b16a2, that put down very good numbers, but even with my h22a being stock when it was in my hatchback, would straight destroy any b16 or gsr on the road.My friend has a built gsr ina hatchback, done very well full wire tuck type r bottem end, and even off the line or on the highway i walk his *** 2-3 car lengths everytime, and he has no AC no heat, nothing in the interior. The H-series swap is the best swap out there to me for the $, mounts have gone down in price, u put a built gsr up against a stock h22a in a hatchback see what happens i bet you the h22a wins by 4 car lengths easily!!. Screw b-series there a waiste of money if you aren't going to turbo them in my opinion, if i had the money i would do the k-series but why do it now? Wait 2-3 years when they go down in price then do the swap, I AM!

Quick Reply: ???????? K20 Or H22 Into my EK ????????