Notices

LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups

i need to hit the lottery, to many things to fix on my car plus what i want to upgrade on top of really wanting something else
Old 12-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
i need to hit the lottery, to many things to fix on my car plus what i want to upgrade on top of really wanting something else
Don't worry when I hit tonight, all you gotta do is maintain everyone cars in my family and I'll get you what ya need homie.. I'm to lazy to do it myself lmaooo
Old 12-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

start selling your self. worked for me lol
Old 12-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well Fellas,Im in the process of building my b20 i mean by no means is it an ls espically with its weak wallz .

Anyway i find that with block gaurds and the right parts these motor hold up and you cant beat the 2.0 .

My Previous setup was a b18b1 Turbo ( Arp studs HG MSD Blaster 60 trim ) Never tuned took it out to put in my b20 .

Here THe New Build list

JDM B20B
Arp HEad Studs Brand NEw
Ferrea Valve Seals
Cometic Head Gasket
Gate's Racing Timing Belt
Super Tech Block Gaurd.
Password JDm Billet Cam Seal
440 cc Injectors
Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
New Oem Honda Water Pump
New Dizzy With MSD Cap and NEw MSD Blaster
Avid Steel Racing Mounts

Turbo Consist :
Twisted Custom RAm Horn Manifold
T3 T4 60 Trim Turbo
Tial 38 mm waste
Greddy Type S BOV
I forget the intercooler Spec
Ebay Intercooler piping and Charge Pipes
3 inch downpipe 3 inch Exhaust
New Dump for Waste Gate

Ecu : Im getting my stock ls obd1 chipped and debating on running crome gold or crome

That All, I have odered right now ,Im still tryna make up my mind on pistons and rods. The Motors at the Machine Shop Head Is Getting Cut so it sits flat with new HG Also Dipped and Cleaned up.

TransMission : I Love the Ls trans on Boost you cant go wrong and there so easy to come by Im running a 97 Ls Trans With LSD ran very well on my old ls wonder how it gonna handle the new power .

My Clutch Setup is something i looking more into as well but let me know what you guys think . I was hoping to put down 270-320 at 10-12 psi ,I hope i reach my goal its my daily driver so not really tryna go over 340 whp on it .

Its all going in my 96 Ek HAtch CX NON Power Everything .
Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spending the first part of christmas eve still at work then some last minute 4 am shopping before bed. Coulda had 9 days off for the holidays but prolly gonna work 3 days. That double time is addictive. These 60-70 hour weeks lately are really speeding up the build. Looks like I may make it to the dyno before the end of janurary. Merry christmas everyone!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice DCmatt, good luck but dont overwork your self, catches up quick man.

About to have christmas morning a day early with the wife, we have way to much going on christmas day so we decided a day early will be more enjoyable. Merry Christmas to everyone !
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone got any suggestions on a good valve spring compressor tool? bout to get started on my diy your self port job on my spare ls head. figured if i need to do arp head studs id better get this going.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would just order the tool from majestic.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/classifieds-forced-induction-39/b20-ls-valve-cover-catchcan-fittings-2859244/ B20/LS valve cover with two -12 fittings..$65 shipped this weekend.....

Also i MISS THIS THREAD! im sure one day ill be back.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everyone have a good christmas? Got F1 2010 and GT5 for ps3, nice watch, new gun, logitech harmoney one, bunch of clothes, couple blu-ray movies some othe stuff. all in all a great christmas. Got to spend xmas morning with my mother and sisters which i havent done in probably 25 years seeign she lives in texas.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey do you have to run a half radiator in a dc chassis for boost? or is there enough room with stock rad and fan? Also if im planning on using boost by gear it essentially makes the ecu the boost controller right? It uses a solenoid to controll PSI correct? So if i had a 38 mm tial with 10psi spring that would be my minimum or maximum? I understand that with a manual boost controller its the max. Thought i read it was the other way around with electronic control, in this case being my tuneing software right.

Last edited by dcmatt; 12-26-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright, i still have a persistent oil leak which is driving me crazy. added the .065 oil restrictor which cut it down a lot. i'm wondering if it's the return line. i'm kinda a lost right now.

on a side note. my first road trip in almost year and it snows
Old 12-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dcmatt
hey do you have to run a half radiator in a dc chassis for boost? or is there enough room with stock rad and fan? Also if im planning on using boost by gear it essentially makes the ecu the boost controller right? It uses a solenoid to controll PSI correct? So if i had a 38 mm tial with 10psi spring that would be my minimum or maximum? I understand that with a manual boost controller its the max. Thought i read it was the other way around with electronic control, in this case being my tuneing software right.
I'm running a full size radiator in my teg with a/c and p/s with a drag manifold..
Old 12-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
alright, i still have a persistent oil leak which is driving me crazy. added the .065 oil restrictor which cut it down a lot. i'm wondering if it's the return line. i'm kinda a lost right now.

on a side note. my first road trip in almost year and it snows

oil leak leaving puddles on the ground? how big? do you have a genral area its falling from, i know on my return line it leaks about a quater sized spot because i need to put the paper gasket on the return hose at the bottom turbo. wear each surface meets im to lazy to do it and the car is parked untill march lol, Yes i see ur from NC wear did u road trip to? we are gettin hammerd in NY with snow right now **** SUCKS!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Track Advocate

Originally Posted by b16racereg6
oil leak leaving puddles on the ground? how big? do you have a genral area its falling from, i know on my return line it leaks about a quater sized spot because i need to put the paper gasket on the return hose at the bottom turbo. wear each surface meets im to lazy to do it and the car is parked untill march lol, Yes i see ur from NC wear did u road trip to? we are gettin hammerd in NY with snow right now **** SUCKS!!!
It's about a quater size under the down pipe and on the drivers side of the oil pan. i need to just take the retun line off and inspect everything. but it sucks not having a garage.

i went down to SC, about 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach. didn't believe them when they said it would snow...guess i was wrong
Old 12-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
It's about a quater size under the down pipe and on the drivers side of the oil pan. i need to just take the retun line off and inspect everything. but it sucks not having a garage.

i went down to SC, about 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach. didn't believe them when they said it would snow...guess i was wrong

Holy**** snow in SC?? and by the beach omg, it was so hott when i went thier in june!!!!

Yeah man i feel ur pain i have no garage myself, just keep checkin ur oil untill u find time, i also put a pizza box down or clean card board some times to check for leaks ect. If your using a rubber hose for the return like heater hose i bet thats it they are a pain to get sealed a 100% gl man post when u fix it!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can run a full sized radiator in a dc with turbo but it pretty much limits you to a cast logger. Any other manifold will require a half core.

Snowing like a bitch here in CT. Im not looking forward to plowing and shoveling all night and all day tomorrow BUT the additional 900-1400 in my paycheck in a few weeks will be worth it.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Track Advocate

Originally Posted by b16racereg6
Holy**** snow in SC?? and by the beach omg, it was so hott when i went thier in june!!!!

Yeah man i feel ur pain i have no garage myself, just keep checkin ur oil untill u find time, i also put a pizza box down or clean card board some times to check for leaks ect. If your using a rubber hose for the return like heater hose i bet thats it they are a pain to get sealed a 100% gl man post when u fix it!!!
yeah, believe it or not went down to the beach on saturday and i had to take my jacket off b/c it was so warm...then the temp drops and it snows

i have -10an line, but the routing may be bad. i just started using the cardboard box to trace the leaks. i'll get it figured out...even if i have to pay someone lol
Old 12-27-2010, 02:46 AM
As Soft As A Rock

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
You can run a full sized radiator in a dc with turbo but it pretty much limits you to a cast logger.
Synapse Turbo ( sponsor on these forums) makes a mini ramhorn that will fit with a full size radiator. You will just need some slim fans. Also, might need to pull the A/C out ( mines was a/c, p/s, and Full core radiator support). Well.. I had to pull the A/c out, wouldn't fit with the fans.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If somethign is a/c compatable then its a/c compatable. Dont say it is then say it isnt lol. Your confusing the OP. Basically yes a miniram made properly can work with a/c and p/s but usually have boost control issues, not all but some do cause of the collector being to short. You can also run a tubular log but there junk, better off with a cast log.. Personally i would run a good cast log over the miniram, its more cost effective and will make same power and contreol boost better. IMO.

Or just run a tubular unit and go to a half core and be just fine if done properly and use a good radiator

Gotta love a dodge! In the middle of plowing in this damn blizzard and the gear selector cable snaps right off inside the dash. FML !!! And they dont have a shifter cable, gonna take four days to get one, no one has a cable in CT. WTF !!!!!!! now i get to plow with a 2 wheel drive 85 toyota pickup with a tiny blade and snow tires, GREAT !!!

Last edited by Turbo-LS; 12-27-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Track Advocate

I'd let you borrow the land cruiser, but i need new tires
Old 12-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i got a twisted ram which i just figured out last night im going to have to cut and reweld the turbo flange and wastegate flange to get to work. got a spare block and head so i did a lil mock up last night and its pretty tight to block. hard to say cause im eyeballing it without haveing removed the web thats in the way but it still seems too tight. think i might can keep a/c once i get it situated right. prolly gonna pick up this used half core tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude I have a full size radiator with a/c and power steering.. These were the only pics I could find but you get the idea...

Name:  P4300576.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  125.4 KB

Old 12-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And Yes I know , get the Valve cover painted. I am once I finish the little things that bother me.. Not really worried about that and who you know got the ashy Valve cover look lmaooo.. Loving how my garret rebuilt t3/t4 62-1 freshly rebuilt pulls.. Pretty much the same as the sc62-1 ..
Old 12-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah alot easier with the lil manifolds. lil half sized koyo should give me more wiggle room. i don't think im going to be able to use the 3" DP i picked up and keep ac though. don't even think a 2.5" would make it. gonna suck in the hot humid carolina summer but oh well.

quick question on mounting the turbo. does it matter which direction you mount it or is it just dependant on what you want to do. i can get away with only having to extend the WG flange on the manifold if i mount it hotside towards tranny. didn't want to though cause i know i can't keep ac that way. but after looking at the mockup a lil better and realizing i can't keep ac either way i may just go that route. Do you guys run filters on the turbo?

Quick Reply: LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups