New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached

To all I just got the NEW Moroso Road Racing Oil im pretty sure that im probally one of the first to get this new pan. This pan is made out of Steel for durability as aluminum was to vunerable to being damaged on car that road race and autocross., Im going to replace the drag racing moroso pan that i have now. I have attached pictures check them out. They have address the turbo OIL drain return by moving it up higher on the side of the pan as well as the baffeling is made for the road racers but will also work for us FI and Drag racing guys. And will solve the Low oil pressure problem when making a hard left turn that is experienced on the Drag race pan.
Best of all it USES the STOCK B series Oil pump Pickup. Holds 5qts of oil, has a turbo drain return that is mounted higer up on the pan than the drag race version, also has an oil temp bung as well but it is located on the back side of the pan where the drain plug is located.
This is what i recieved back from Moros Tech Support.
Jay,

Our p/n 20910 can be used with your stock oil pump pickup and oil pump.
----- Original Message -----
To: 'techhelp@moroso.com'
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:04 AM
Subject: Tech Support

I have recently purchase the new B series road racing pan part number 20910. I want to know if the stock oil pump pick is what I need to use with this pan? Also will this pan work with the B16a oil pump pickup, or is a b18c/GSR oil pump pickup required on all b series motors?

Thank you,

Modified by fipracing_com at 9:33 PM 2/15/2005

Modified by fipracing_com at 12:33 PM 2/16/2005
Old 02-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (fipracing_com)

hows the price compared to the aluminum one?
Old 02-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (speeddave)

I am glad they let you keep your stock pick up
Old 02-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (redturbocivic)

Nice
Old 02-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (JDMCRX)

whats the price, and do they have them for sohc

platinum.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speeddave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hows the price compared to the aluminum one?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (B18OnTop)

I paid $247 Shipped from http://www.competitionwarehouseusa.com ask for Andy!!!
The dragracing aluminum pan cost 349.95 plust you need the oil pickup for around 40 bucks.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speeddave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hows the price compared to the aluminum one?</TD></TR></TABLE>
over 100 dollars cheaper.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (fipracing_com)

how many quarts of oil does it hold?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (redturbocivic)

Pan hold 5 qts, has an Turbo oil drain bung, and an oil temp bung as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I paid $247 Shipped from http://www.competitionwarehouseusa.com ask for Andy!!!
The dragracing aluminum pan cost 349.95 plust you need the oil pickup for around 40 bucks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn im debating on ordering one because its cheap...

which pick up is needed? B16 or GSR pick up ?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (integlspwr2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

damn im debating on ordering one because its cheap...

which pick up is needed? B16 or GSR pick up ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know the gsr pickup is longer than the b16 pickup and i will get a confirmation for all the B16 guys here. I personally have a GSR motor and I am using the STOCK GSR pickup with this PAN. I talked directly with the moroso tech support and asked specifically and they say the Stock pickup is what you use no change is required. I will call moroso techs again tommrrow moring to get another confirmation. I want to be sure that the right information is given in this thread.

Modified by fipracing_com at 10:34 PM 2/15/2005
Old 02-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

beautiful!
Old 02-15-2005, 06:12 PM

Old 02-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You use your STOCK pickup. I talked directly with the moroso tech support and asked specifically and they say the Stock pickup is what you use no change is required. </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh but B16 and GSR pick ups are different, how does this oil pan be able to use the Same pick up if one is longer then the other?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:31 PM
SYD
Honda-Tech Member

hmm...looks like im gonna be ordering one of these..thanks for this thread.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (integlspwr2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

uhh but B16 and GSR pick ups are different, how does this oil pan be able to use the Same pick up if one is longer then the other?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will call moroso techs again tommrrow moring to get another confirmation on this for you. I want to be sure that the right information is given in this thread.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I will call moroso techs again tommrrow moring to get another confirmation on this for you. I want to be sure that the right information is given in this thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>

please do so and update the thread when you get a chance.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:59 PM

That pan looks like a stock pan with an extra compartment slapped on the backside and a return bung on the front. Looks to me like it could be made very easily out of a stock pan. Just my $0.02. Jason
Old 02-15-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (JDcompman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDcompman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That pan looks like a stock pan with an extra compartment slapped on the backside and a return bung on the front. Looks to me like it could be made very easily out of a stock pan. Just my $0.02. Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

Come to think of it... it does look like a oem pan
Old 02-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (JDcompman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDcompman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That pan looks like a stock pan with an extra compartment slapped on the backside and a return bung on the front. Looks to me like it could be made very easily out of a stock pan. Just my $0.02. Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>OEM pan don't hold 5 quartz.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (11psiTurboSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 11psiTurboSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Come to think of it... it does look like a oem pan </TD></TR></TABLE>As a matter of fact, it looks like an OEM pan w/c is great I did not like the drag pan I had because it did not have the dimple on top and I had problem w/ the oil pan gasket to seat right and it get squeez &lt;spell out when you torque them down. I'm thinking of getting one of this bad boy. Nice find Jay.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (V-SPEC 1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by V-SPEC 1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OEM pan don't hold 5 quartz. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It does if you weld the extra part on Nice pan BTW
Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (platinum00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the price, and do they have them for sohc

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (V-SPEC 1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by V-SPEC 1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OEM pan don't hold 5 quartz. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what the extra compartment would be...I own the drag pan. after seeing the new one I believe i will fabricate my own version from my old pan for the hell of it. I would have definately bought that pan over the drag pan.

Quick Reply: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached