Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car?

just wanted to know how many of you guys have water leaks when its raining.. it seems like every integra out there has a leak! if you do then reply where it is and also if you had one but you fixed it!

Modified by JDMx05 at 8:56 PM 1/2/2005
Old 01-01-2005, 12:10 PM

in my trunk.. i used clean silacone..
Old 01-01-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car? (JDMx05)

I had one. IT ended up being the hose that drained from the sun roof. I suggest goin on to team integra they have very good articles on this exact problem.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpoodgeDc2)

water leaks in my trunk when it rains, turned out to be the taillight gasket... one time it leaks so much i had to drill a hole in the chassis to drain the water.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah lots of us have water leak problems, i guess its a common problem. PatrickGSR on here has the worst trunk leak problem that just won't go away.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines leaking from the rubber trim on top of the window on both sides of the car. I took it out when i painted my car and I guess I put it back in wrong or something. Haven't had a chance to take it apart to look at it sinces it's been raining every day lately. Also my trunk is leaking because i removed my spoiler and didn't cover up the holes.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: (aeon)

mine was leaking from the taillight gaskets. i replaced them with homemade thicker ones(works like a champ). also i believe i got a leak from around the rear windshield squiter thats running across the headliner, down the sides and under the rear seat. i wont know until i get my car back from the performance shop. i'm going to paint it again in a few weeks so i'm more than likely going to shave the squiter in the process.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: (b-power)

i have a bad water water leak in the hatch of my gsr. damn thing! lol ill fix it sometime
Old 01-01-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car? (JDMx05)

i think every teg leaks dammit!! I live in Cali and we just got swamped in this weird storm thing....I get leaks in either my sunroof or my hatch.....its always one or the other...weird. I had to take everything out of my trunk and put plastic around my box so it wouldnt get ruined. Im not sure what to do.....It hardly rains in California..so when I took it in, they didnt know where it was coming from.... grr. it makes me so0o0o0o mad!!
Old 01-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went out to my car today after these california storms we been havin an saw close to 4" inches of water where my spare tire is supposed to be an all my windows had moisture buildup INSIDE!
Old 01-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: (virusiidx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by virusiidx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah lots of us have water leak problems, i guess its a common problem. PatrickGSR on here has the worst trunk leak problem that just won't go away.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Water is coming into my hatch through the hole in the left taillight gasket where the clip goes in that holds the taillight wire harness. That means that water is getting into the taillight somehow, filling up, and then spilling in through that hole.

I have examined the taillight closely and cannot find any evidence of cracks or holes that aren't supposed to be there that could be letting water in. I think I'm going to try submerging the taillight in water to see where the water comes in.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

I used to have a very small amount of water get in. It was from the taillights but I fixed that with new gaskets.

But now, 2 days ago, I found that I've got another leak. Not much coming into the spare tire area but still something. Still gotta figure out where the water is getting in
Old 01-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I should mention, my taillight is filling up even AFTER I installed brand new OEM taillight gaskets (damn $25 each).
Old 01-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a tail light leak i fixed wit new gaskets. my rear seats were soaked with water at one point. hoping the fixed tail lights will end that problem...
Old 01-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Water seems to find its way in my trunk like its goin out of style...my driver-side trim around the window is like a sink..it sucks...

but f!@# it
Old 01-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sqeekyclutch)

mine leaks sometimes under my dashboard on the passenger side and drips right up udner the corner of the passenger side of the dashboard
Old 01-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yangrou8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yangrou8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had a tail light leak i fixed wit new gaskets. my rear seats were soaked with water at one point. hoping the fixed tail lights will end that problem... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Water collecting under my rear seats was from my rear washer nozzle on the roof. It dripped down onto the headliner, ran down both sides and collected under the rear seat and got under the carpet, too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pjct2ndGenTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine leaks sometimes under my dashboard on the passenger side and drips right up udner the corner of the passenger side of the dashboard </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's either water coming in under the cowl at the base of the windshield, or it's your heater core.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:52 PM

my whole driver side carpeting gets wet, sopping wet somehow... now this includes the driver side floormat and behind the driver side seat... very strange. anyone know where this might be coming from?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Water is coming into my hatch through the hole in the left taillight gasket where the clip goes in that holds the taillight wire harness. That means that water is getting into the taillight somehow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pat try changing the tail light gasket. they wear out and are the leading cause of water condensation in taillights if there are no visible cracks. you have a 94-97 if i remember and my 94 gaskets wore out about three years ago, I replaced em and the problem is no longer present
Old 01-01-2005, 11:04 PM

My teg is newer so I haven't experienced any rainwater inside the car...hopefully I won't ever!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car? (apok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pjct2ndGenTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine leaks sometimes under my dashboard on the passenger side and drips right up udner the corner of the passenger side of the dashboard </TD></TR></TABLE>

My DA used to have a leak on the passenger side. It seems all DA's have this problem. I did mine in about an hour and it only costs a few bucks to fix. Here's a write up on the fix.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/sho...+leak
Old 01-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car? (gtfour43)

Old 01-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****- so many people of you are leaking its getting me so worried. everytime it rains the first thing i do is check for water now- im so paranoid haha- so far so good tho
Old 01-02-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: (virusiidx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by virusiidx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah lots of us have water leak problems, i guess its a common problem. PatrickGSR on here has the worst trunk leak problem that just won't go away.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually im on the same boat as patrick we both have the same exact leaks so yeah my cars pretty bad as well...

my tail light gaskets leak a little but i dont think its enough to like fill up the tirewell with a pool, for some reason i see that alot of the water comes in and stays at the left and right rear corners of my car like where the antenna and the hose for the drain ont he right side is.. can seem to figure it out
Old 01-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Xsi
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone with a footwell leak in a g2 try this:
http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/leak

Quick Reply: How many of you integra owners have a water leak in the car?