Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

► 7th Generation Civic General Chat

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb

I am not new to honda or anything just new to this site. i have an 02 ex with a jdm k20a swap. i posted in pic thread but not allowed to post pics so i linked it. i have alot of knowledge on the model we all have so hit me up if you guys need help with some of the swaps that you want on this car. i have done manual swap, eps swap, k20 swap and rear disc swap. all without major tool help haha. all drive way.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: ► 7th Generation Civic General Chat

You don't need to attach images to post them. You can always use an online image host, like tinypic.com. In fact, 90% of the user images on this site are hosted that way.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Trial User

does anyone kno any good sites for the coupe em2 for exterior parts
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check the Faqs and Guidelines sticky the go to the bottom there should be some sites, but the best places i can think off the top of my head are our fs/wtb thread, ebay, and password jdm
Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by army12bc
i posted in pic thread but not allowed to post pics so i linked it.
From the FAQ's...

8. "How to" post pictures: Link
There are a few different ways to post pictures. You might just want to make a "Build Thread" considering the size of that list of mods.

Originally Posted by ek-i.s.f.
As noted, check the FAQ's.

The For Sale / Want to Buy thread.

You could also check the Miscellaneous - Appearance - Lighting thread in the Sponsor Marketplace for some exterior mods.

Or else just Google it.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Sanji

Originally Posted by ek-i.s.f
See the bottom of the FAQ's. There's a link to H&A Accessories for nice exterior components.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Trial User

thanks guys i was searchn for a friend we couldnt find jack
Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

New join here. Name is Dave. Signed on to gain some more information on the wife's 2005 VP. Just rolled over 100K so it is due for some servicing. Great information through searching here!

I have a slew of replacement parts (most wearable items) on order via RockAuto. Ordered the crank pulley/damper tool as well via Amazon.com. Have plenty of experience performing T-Belt/water pump services on DSMs but this will be my first hand with a Honda.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default what do you do when someone trash talks ur car?

this turd at work keeps throwing out random smack talk about my car. like today he said "not this small *** car again"... and this is from someone who drives a fukking 01 pontiac, FAIL... andddd this is the same asswipe who asks for a ride when he didn't have a ride cuz his garbage whip wouldn't start. someone who's ride is only worth 2K...

i did reply back... "why u keep talkin shi bout my car? you don't hear me talkin bout ur car not starting and shi other problems.. i think ur just jealous man.. u jealous?"

he's just jeally cuz im reppin 2 rides and he's only repping 1 ugly *** pontiac. LULZ. i need opinions on what to do next time he takes a swipe bout my vic again.

-RJ
Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, sorry.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Plead da Fif

Seriously, you should stop caring about stuff like that. Shrug it off, because it really doesn't matter. Life goes on.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lawls @ bra and cool cat.

i got chu.. i was lookin for the chat but i guess i missed it. LULZ. thanks brahs.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:48 AM
Sanji

I wouldn't even belittle myself to give a response to something of that nature. It proves nothing, because people who mock typically don't have the capacity to understand reality. Just smile and nod. Taking offense would be stupid, at that point.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u right... thanks matt
Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default is there even a point?

question first cause i realized my post is long as **** and more of a rant: for all you h-t-ers that have vast amounts of knowledge. is there a point in modding my car or should i just go buy something else thats actually worth modding? like a 280zx or something

heres the story that led to this question. so veryy veryy veryy soul crushed with civics right now. so i was seriously looking at dropping a k24a1 in my car and building the hell out of it with the goal of 500+hp inspired by reading a bunch of dsport, project car, and whatnot.... and ive got the money to do it too... but the more i look around on the net for the information i need to do the swap right, i kinda find theres no point. a fwd car with 500+ hp is just ****ing retarded. then i think well i could take the awd system off the crv ex but thats more like 3 wheel drive and a LOT of modification. then i think well ill just take a subaru awd system to make all the modification worth it but then i might as well just buy a subby in the first place. then i get crazy and think... **** it. Ill blow out the back seats, weld in an engine bay, and cram an LS in there and just do crazy modifications and make it rwd with the possibility of goin awd at some point, but then i realize that with all the money thatd take I could just buy a car with that setup stock. WHATS THE POINT OF CIVIC MODDING

CURSE YOU LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Sanji

Your question is entirely subjective, to be honest. Some people find great joy in FWD platforms. And, although most don't believe it, FWD platforms can be excellent track performers (look at how the BTCC used to be in the 90's for example, since they had FWD and RWD platforms in the same series). Whether or not that holds interest with you, is strictly down to what you like. Personally, I enjoy the challenge of creating something unique and special from a car that has very few enthusiastic followers. Especially when its made by one of the biggest brands in the field to which it is set (namely "imports" in this scenario). The Civic, in general, is a popular chassis for a reason. They're excellent performers when they've got knowledgeable, creative, and enthusiastic owners.

Now, if its something to where you want something that's strictly a number, there are better options out there. I will not deny that the 7th gen. Civic (or the Civic in general) can be a bit tricky to bring in to the upper echelon of track performers. But, that doesn't mean that it cannot happen.

From the sound of it, you have a desire for a number. So, in your case, it may not be the best choice of platform. Whether or not you truly have the money for a project of the magnitude you're looking for, really is irrelevant to me, so I'll ignore your claim of having a bank account for the project. If you think the car has charm, I do not see why it wouldn't be worth keeping. If its simply "a car" to you, then move on to something that ignites your passion a bit more thoroughly.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well as much as i might seem unenthusiastic about it, trust me i am. I love my car and work on it whenever i can with whatever money i have handy and i just happen to have a little more money than usual coming in right now to where i can actually afford a k and over about a month to two months depending on how much i splurge on parts have it at an acceptable level by my standards. by no means am i rich. I just look for the cheapest parts i can use while still being acceptable with some polishing and reworking on my part. and i do all work i can myself, by myself. for example. a really good paint job can cost thousands... or I can buy a median level paint gun for about 220 and practice a LOT and then do it myself when i feel my skill level is high enough to paint my car to my expectations. plus then i have that skill to shop out to friends and family to make what money ive spent back. and when it comes to the k I can either pay someone to clean it up and take it apart and rebuild it or i can do it myself. the only thing i can think of after buying the engine that id get someone else to do is getting it sleeved and maybe some of the finer things that need to be perfectly spaced, balanced, etc (and if i can get the tools to do it cheaper ill do that too, im enough of a perfectionist that im confident i could do it). and its not so much a number im looking for rather than unadulterated, unimpeded, perfect performance and its gotta be admitted that fwd isnt the absolute best in terms of performance. having one set of wheels getting power to the ground and steering at the same time isnt ideal. having said that though. even if I have a problem with the platform I could never get rid of this car. its almost like its got an actual personality and it moved me across the country. It just seems that a lot of people that used to be deeply involved in the Honda scene have negative things to say about the platform now that they've moved on to other things and i gotta say its getting me down. honestly though I'll probably end up getting the engine anyways and be stubborn as hell and try to find a reasonable way to make my car awd in the long run. If I could make it awd reasonably then the only problem i have with the platform would be dealt with. Not to mention there are very very very few awd 7th gen civics out there. idk Im having my doubts but im stubborn as hell when it comes to cars. gotta say you kinda sayin i shouldn't or cant make it happen is gonna make me make it happen haha
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Sanji

Wow... that was difficult to read.

Not to sound offensive, but you came in here claiming that you were "soul crushed" by your Civic. That sends a signal that you've lost interest in it, when I read it.

I'm not going to claim that I'm someone that's "deeply tied to the Honda scene", even though I enjoy my Honda's. But, I will say that I've impressed many ex-Honda enthusiasts with my car on the track. I also will refuse to accept the statement that FWD's cannot perform the same as competing drivetrain applications. That's just over-heated puffery, and I've yet to see any substantial information to support it. Are other drivetrain layouts more popular? Undoubtedly. Are they, by nature, inherently better? I don't think so. (Example: Chris Rado's FWD Scion TC time attack car.)

I'm not trying to sway you to keep your Civic. I'm trying to help you make your own decisions. Its only you that has to be happy with your decisions at the end of the day.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You know you own a 7th gen when...

We have a thread on another forum with this title and had someone who pretty much summed it up. Feel free to add to the list.

Courtesy of pheaton

------------------------
Lets see here:

1. You have installed the fuel door fix thingy after spending a few months opening your fuel door from inside your trunk.

2. You realize that the bolt/nut that holds your footrest down is rusted out and that the engineers at Honda should have known better than to put a regular steel one there.

3. The white letters on your cruise control buttons are wearing off.

4. The paint around the shift boot ring is wearing off.

5. The only headlight bulbs that work for more than a month are the cheapo ones.

6. You know by looking at a 7th gen which mode year it is.

7. You screwed around once or twice and got your SRS light stuck on.

8. Most accessories have now been removed because they were junk.

9. You can tell by the volume of the click if someone hasn't gotten their headlight switch recall completed.

10. Your rear dash is cracked and/or rattling.

11. You replaced your 6x9s but didn't account for the depth of the speakers so you either have no trunk spring, or you have installed shocks and one of them isn't functioning.

12. When you have a place wash your car they never dust the rear dash.

13. The rear window is dirty at the bottom and around the tail light, because it's too hard to clean well.

14. Sometimes the front dash squeaks, sometimes it doesn't.

15. You pull the handle and hit the lock switch in 1 fluid movement.

16. You sit in your car and wait for your passenger, because they can never hear the lock click open.

17. You lose heat at stoplights.

18. You have a shirt that you use specifically for oil changes, because it's the only shirt that has the permanent oil stain just on the armpit area.

19. Right now you could go out to your car and point to at least 3 places that need a new plastic clip.

20. Your air bag warning stickers on your visors are half or completely off if you got tired of them. The residue remains in either case.

21. Fuel light means you can still drive to work and grab fuel on the way home.

22. What the heck is that noise you hear, but only when you are in a drive thru?

23. You search for something under your seat and when you take your hand out it has grease all over it.

24. The dealership made the cabin filter change sound soo complicated that you put it off forever until one day you changed it and realized how frigging easy it is.

25. When the maintenance required light comes on you make some sarcastic comment about maintenance and reset the light yourself.

26. You've hit your knee on the open change drawer.

27. You just recently found out you have handles inside the trunk to fold down your seats. You also realize only a contortionist can use them.

28. Every once in awhile you crawl under the drivers side dash with some white lithium grease to give yourself a few weeks of quiet clutch pedal.

29. Wiper blades work well for about a month, you stretch them to 8 months.

30. For some reason, drinks fit better in the passenger side cup holder than the drivers side, too bad it's blocked by whatever is plugged into the outlet at the time.

31. You don't realize anymore how much your dash reflects in your windshield.

32. You say to yourself. Why doesn't that hook in the back in the ceiling stay up? What good is it? All of my clothes are longer than the distance from the ceiling to the seat anyways.

33. You can skillfully pull your floor-mat from behind your pedals while driving.

34. When water comes in the window it hits the window switches directly each time. Yet they still work.

35. Your driver side seat belt doesn't like to retract, so it gets stuck in the door a lot.

36. If you have a door on the slot under your radio you are fancy. Most of us have something in there that's been there for months or years, some of us have ink in there from pens that have exploded.

37. In 2002 it was hip to mount your spare under your car. Now, your tire is back in your trunk and you have a hole that you filled with silicone. . - Maybe that one is just me?

38. At least once a week you say to yourself, "what the hell was that noise?".

39. You turn off the A/C for just that little bit of extra passing power on the highway.

40. You went through the phase of always keeping your car between 1/4 and 1/2 tank full of gas, because the car seemed to run better and weighed a little less.

41. You know when you are going 60mph you still have the option to downshift to 3rd for a blast of power unlike anything else the car can muster. You also know that if you don't rev match this will be nasty.

42. The light turns green before you stop. . Now what? 1st? or 2nd? oh CRAP. 1st, grind!!!, 2nd, bog-down. . No wait. . damn. Stop COMPLETELY.. Back to first. First. Annnnnnnnnnd Away We GO!

43. Speed limit 30. . WTF. 2nd is too low, 3rd is too high. . This road sucks.

44. $2200 for Shocks, Struts, Springs, Sway Bar, Endlinks, Camber Kit, low profile tires. Now, at last, you can take interstate on and off ramps.

45. You unplug your accessory from the power outlet and the plastic piece around it comes with it.

46. The car pops out of gear sometimes when you go around the corner. But it's impossible to duplicate, because it won't do it unless you aren't paying attention.

47. The tops of your seats are bleached white from the sun.

I might think of some more yet..
Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey look, the basis for my thread. Which was moved to the chat thread by some some hypocrite moderator who wouldn't even identify himself: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/you-know-you-own-eg-ek-when-2714642/ (Yes, that thread is a year old)

EDIT: Welcome to honda-tech. Where we half help you then tell you to buy a manual, rinse and repeat.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Plead da Fif

Originally Posted by lazlong
Hey look, the basis for my thread. Which was moved to the chat thread by some some hypocrite moderator who wouldn't even identify himself: https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2714642 (Yes, that thread is a year old)

EDIT: Welcome to honda-tech. Where we half help you then tell you to buy a manual, rinse and repeat.
Some some? Classic.

How moderators choose to moderate other forums is their prerogative. That forum doesn't have a "general chat" thread, this one does.

EDIT: Welcome to honda-tech, where people overreact to the simplest things as if they've suffered some great injustice.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by It Wasn't Me
Some some? Classic.

How moderators choose to moderate other forums is their prerogative. That forum doesn't have a "general chat" thread, this one does.

EDIT: Welcome to honda-tech, where people overreact to the simplest things as if they've suffered some great injustice.

600+ posts and 1 typo while people who type like retarded monkeys swing from thread to thread, eating their bananas and parroting simi-intelligent advise.

My bad, I guess I just didn't realize your rules were only specific to this forum. Guess I'm just chatting on the chat thread about it now.

EDIT: Welcome to honda-tech, where some moderators have OCD and some moderators have OCD.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Plead da Fif

Originally Posted by lazlong
600+ posts and 1 typo while people who type like retarded monkeys swing from thread to thread, eating their bananas and parroting simi-intelligent advise.

My bad, I guess I just didn't realize your rules were only specific to this forum. Guess I'm just chatting on the chat thread about it now.

EDIT: Welcome to honda-tech, where some moderators have OCD and some moderators have OCD.
*semi
*advice
*in
Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by It Wasn't Me
*semi
*advice
*in
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome to honda-tech, where OCD moderators point out spell-check approved words.

Quick Reply: ► 7th Generation Civic General Chat