Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Fuel Pump Kill Switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Kill Switch

Hey, I've been trying to search for a way to install a fuel pump kill switch, I found a thread that suppose to have a diagrams but the photo had dead links.

I found a site on google and it says that there's 2 ignition wire, so which wire should I be splicing? The black and yellow wire correct?

Would a small on/off switch work fine, and what is a fuel pump relay, do I need to get one?

I'm not a car person, I just would like to add a little security to my car.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Pump Kill Switch

Where do you want the kill switch located, inside the car or out, around the dash or hidden somewhere inconspicuous?

It would be easy to install a properly rated toggle switch inline with the (+) or (-) wires of the pump itself. This wy you can place the kill switch anywhere from the relay back to the pump.

What year is your Accord?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
Where do you want the kill switch located, inside the car or out, around the dash or hidden somewhere inconspicuous?

It would be easy to install a properly rated toggle switch inline with the (+) or (-) wires of the pump itself. This wy you can place the kill switch anywhere from the relay back to the pump.

What year is your Accord?
I'm sorry I forgot mention that it's an 1999 Accord, where it's located, somewhere within reach, but not visible, you know where to look.

I've read that the fuel pump is under the seat in the back, that means I would need to remove the back seat correct?

Is it possible to splice at the starter plug?
Old 07-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
I'm sorry I forgot mention that it's an 1999 Accord, where it's located, somewhere within reach, but not visible, you know where to look.

I've read that the fuel pump is under the seat in the back, that means I would need to remove the back seat correct?

Is it possible to splice at the starter plug?
I would go for the main relay. Search "Main Relay Kill" and you will see it's more effective. Also, consider doing this as a layer, and not as the only security the car will have.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by djkurious
I would go for the main relay. Search "Main Relay Kill" and you will see it's more effective. Also, consider doing this as a layer, and not as the only security the car will have.
I will look in the main relay kill, also is it safe to just pull the fuse from the fuse box?

I found http://www.team-integra.net/forum/17...ct-da-teg.html, seems like a good place to look