Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

WORLD SUSPENSION BALL JOINT WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WORLD SUSPENSION BALL JOINT WARNING

I thought this to be as good a place as any to inform your that recently my drivers ball joint seperated after installing it in may, causing me to crash my car, luckily only going 35 MPH and not suffering major damage. The company has halted all sales on these specific ball joints. I do not know what will happen if there was a bad batch, but they told me that after 70,000 sets of ball joints sold, this is the first time they have ha reports of it happening. I urge anyone who has these ball joints installed to drive cautiously and to check their ball joints. Mine had no signs of being loose or damaged prior to the failure, but checking won't hurt. I will keep everyone updated with the results of the inspection. In case you were wondering, I suffered a snapped axle, f-ed fender, bent wheel and ruined tire from teh ordeal, plus a sunday afternoon tow which cost me 120 and a week and a half without my car.. paying for labor. I had extra wheel/tire, but total cost i sucked up was abouty $600 (with discounted parts)
Old 02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WORLD SUSPENSION BALL JOINT WARNING (shutta)

Thank you for the heads up. I actually have these ball joints on my car as well. I wonder if I should change them out.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WORLD SUSPENSION BALL JOINT WARNING (bb_one)

You can get a good name brand like TRW or Moog from Advance or O Reilly and they are only about 30.00 each. Why get a unheard of name for something as crucial as a ball joint? Anyway, sorry to hear about that man. At least you weren't going too fast. That could have been much worse.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how do you tell what brand they are
Old 02-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecFreePrelude)

sorry about your wreck. but thats why I buy OEM. unless it was a stock part?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Trial User

Default Re: WORLD SUSPENSION BALL JOINT WARNING

I bought parts from the company and the lower ball joint came apart in less than 40K miles. My part did not have grease in it from the factory (it was a sealed for life part). World Suspension simply said sorry 1 year warranty. I was lucky it came apart while taking off froma stop sign.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, bumping an old thread from the grave. I also heard world suspension never halted sales on this particular ball joint and it's still being sold on eBay
Old 10-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GraphiteMW
Wow, bumping an old thread from the grave. I also heard world suspension never halted sales on this particular ball joint and it's still being sold on eBay
Better than creating a new thread, at least search was his friend
Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Trial User

I sent worldsuspension an email 5 days ago about my new upper control arms(with ball joints attached) due to their squeaking sound, like old rubber parts do on higher mileage vehicles. They haven't responded. A mechanic told me to soak them in vaseline, but I've already installed both. Exactly 7 days after installing them though, one of the nuts backed out on the right control arm pivot! The bolt backed out but not all the way-the head of the bolt stopped when it hit the suspension spring. I checked the other bolt on the same control arm and it was finger tight! The other control arm seems to be tight. I'll let them know about this today.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by double wishbone
Better than creating a new thread, at least search was his friend
yeah no ****. people here on HT just have to bitch no matter what. bitch cause someone comes on here and asks a ? without searching, then bitch for bumping an old thread? silly
Old 12-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Apex1972
yeah no ****. people here on HT just have to bitch no matter what. bitch cause someone comes on here and asks a ? without searching, then bitch for bumping an old thread? silly
Yeah, or just to bitch about bitching :p J/K man

It's good to bring something like this back up. I know I've seen those parts on eBay and been tempted...glad I didn't bother. Ugh.

To be fair, though, no matter how good a part is, it can fail. If this is persistent, then it's clearly not worth it, even if they paid you to put it on your car!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Apex1972
I wasn't bitching I simply said "wow bumping an old thread from the grave" then made a comment contributing information to the OP.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GraphiteMW
I wasn't bitching I simply said "wow bumping an old thread from the grave" then made a comment contributing information to the OP.
I think we know that (at least I do). However, on here, most people aren't as courteous to others bumping up old threads as you. You just drew attention to the issue.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your supposed to grease all your joints when installing them to stop the squeeching. Not use Vaseline.

Ball joints should not be torn, and the upper control arm bushings all should be greased up.

You can use Vaseline to jerk off if you want though.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for bumping this thread

few days away from installing these
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Trial User

Just wanted to respond to some of these posts, I gotta say I've bought multiple times from worldsuspension on their Ebay store and never had any problems with any of their parts.
Actually I once ordered the wrong part, and they sent me the correct one at no cost to me at all, they seem more interested in keeping their customers happy, than in making a quick profit.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Auto_John
Just wanted to respond to some of these posts, I gotta say I've bought multiple times from worldsuspension on their Ebay store and never had any problems with any of their parts.
Actually I once ordered the wrong part, and they sent me the correct one at no cost to me at all, they seem more interested in keeping their customers happy, than in making a quick profit.
X2
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by fordguy69
I bought parts from the company and the lower ball joint came apart in less than 40K miles. My part did not have grease in it from the factory (it was a sealed for life part). World Suspension simply said sorry 1 year warranty. I was lucky it came apart while taking off froma stop sign.
Gotta say, I've had their control arms and tie rods for years, never had a single problem with them, to be fair any part from any brand has a probability to fail, but you gotta be fair too. They've sold thousands of products, you can see that on their Ebay page, they got like 99.9% positive feedback, that'd be kinda hard if that wasn't a rare occurance
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by shutta
I thought this to be as good a place as any to inform your that recently my drivers ball joint seperated after installing it in may, causing me to crash my car, luckily only going 35 MPH and not suffering major damage. The company has halted all sales on these specific ball joints. I do not know what will happen if there was a bad batch, but they told me that after 70,000 sets of ball joints sold, this is the first time they have ha reports of it happening. I urge anyone who has these ball joints installed to drive cautiously and to check their ball joints. Mine had no signs of being loose or damaged prior to the failure, but checking won't hurt. I will keep everyone updated with the results of the inspection. In case you were wondering, I suffered a snapped axle, f-ed fender, bent wheel and ruined tire from teh ordeal, plus a sunday afternoon tow which cost me 120 and a week and a half without my car.. paying for labor. I had extra wheel/tire, but total cost i sucked up was abouty $600 (with discounted parts)
Real sorry about that, not really what caused that, I've had parts from them and haven't experienced any problems, would definitely recommend them to anyone, if anything you can use their warranty after you've inspected the parts and aren't satisfied, they never have any problems taking parts back when its within the warranty period.