Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

power window broken.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window broken.. help!

ok.. so for the past 9 months or so my passenger window has not been rolling down.. well, summer is coming up and its gonna be hot so i need to get it fixed ... i'm pretty sure the culprit is the window regulator, but not sure so i wanna check it first.. how would i go about checking to see if thats the problem before going and buying one..

Also, when changing the regulator.. what all comes out? the whole window assembly?

btw 01 Integra 2dr
Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power window broken.. help!

First, pull the boot off of the harness that goes between your pillar and door. take the plug out and check for broken wires (i went through 3 regulators and 3 switches before i found 2 wires had corroded off the plug) if thats all fine try to replace the power window relay. its on your fuse box under the dash. just look at your fuse panel to locate it. Then if that doesnt fix it, try to replace the master switch (driver door switch) then if that fails take your door panel off. tape your window in place so when you remove the bolts it will not fall into the door. locate the 2 bolts holding your window on the rail of your regulator and unbolt them. then there will be 6 gold bolts on the door. four in the front half of the door and 2 towards the back of the door. take those off and the regulator should collapse. slide it out of the door. on your regulator there is a 2 wire harness dont forget to unplug it. once you have it out you can take a 12v+ wire and a groumd wire and try to "jump" the regulator. touch each wire to one of the prongs. if your regulator is good it will go up or down (reverse the wires to go up or down). if nothing happens replace the regulator and reverse the order you took it out. good luck!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks.. exactly what i was looking for .. the driver window works, but the switch is going out.. if it were the switch on the driver door would it completely disable the passenger door
Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I know if the driver switch is unplugged the passenger window won't work.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, the door lock plug was undone but it didnt change anything... switched the window lock switch from OFF to ON and the window rolled down... wtf?!?