Notices

looking for some one piece front end pics (eg civic)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for some one piece front end pics (eg civic)

I've been toying with the idea of putting a one piece nose on my civic for about a year now because my brother got into a small accident with it and there is some frame rail damage (bent) its really not a huge amount of damage, it really just needs about an hour on the frame machine and a new rad support, fenders, hood, bumper, only problem is I don't work at a body shop, and don't have a frame machine, but I do work at a fab shop and do have everything I need to fab up a frame for the nose and my buddy is good enough with fiberglass work that I know he can mount me some headlights and fog lights, so I was wondering if anyone had any pics of the frame work for a front end like this...I plan on keeping it a street car, albeit mostly track use but it will still see some time on the street...I already have a pretty good idea how I'm gonna do it, but was looking for some pics for some other ideas, if any body has any I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to post them...thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just curious on what was going to be done about the bumper not being metal. lmk. i would do this for sure. you should do a write-up on it.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well my plan is to build a frame for the one piece nose to attach to, and the frame will hold the radiator and intercooler, and I will probably try to fab some type of bumper, but let's face it, it's a civic, if you hit anything faster than 5 mph its pretty fu**ed any way

I wish my ms paint skills were a little better so I could show you guys, but the basic plan is quick connects for the headlight and fog light wiring, so that the lights can stay with the nose when I pull it to work on the car...

the basic thought is to be able to flip the nose up (think saab) to check the oil or do minor work, and be able to pull the whole nose right off when I need to do anything major...I'll do a write up on it, but the car is under the knife for a TON of work right now...its almost a blessing that my brother crashed it because now it will finally get some love...

gotta love this car though...stockish d16z6 treated me good (400k miles and still going!) but now she finally gets a turbo B and some other goodies

I still think my biggest hurdle is going to be making the "nose" look something like a normal front end, I plan on glassing in one piece headlights but every one piece front end I've found is set up for slicks and the fenders are too wide so I'm going to have to cut them down and reshape them to stock style fenders

wish me luck its going to be a long road
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seems like a huge waste of time. might as well just cut the frame rail off, or try to bend it back into place with a porta-power, maybe even a come-a-long and a chain will do the job. you can get new rad supports for like 60 bucks. its a huge pain in the *** to get a one piece front end off by yourself, if you have to. then if its off + you need to be working on the car, you have to store the front end someplace as well.

in the end. dont do it. LOL
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM

www.frankscustomfiberglass.com

fyi, they sell one piece front ends for civics, i plan on getting the 01-04 civic front for my '94 del sol(race car) here pretty soon
Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DaveF,

after looking at the pics of your race car I'm hoping I can find a different front end than that! the modifications required just to make it look like a street car would kill me...I don't plan on taking such an extreme approach to my nose...I was thinking I'd cut the frame rail ahead of the motor mounts and build a frame for the nose from there forward...but thank you for replying so I could see the pics of your race car, and thanks for the advice, but I'm gonna pick up a nose anyway and see how much of a head ache its going to turn into
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

somewhere there is pics of a gold time attack eg with a one piece front end and it has been modded for lights and street duty although its not a tilt front and the lights stay with the chassis and not the nose. The down side to your proposed plan is that Im fairly positive that an oem appearing one piece front end is no longer available new. Your gonna need to start searching classifieds and hope for a deal. Ive been looking for a while now
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 AM

i love my one piece front end, total street use achieved

Tilt front, easy one man removal, easy DZUS attachment. Plus super light, looks good, and allows for wide tires. what could be better?

-M@
Old 12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet! what size tires do you run on the front?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is pretty sweet...pretty much the idea I was going for right there...after looking at the pics of the racecar in Dave's sig I've decided to go about things a little differently than I was originally thinking

the off the shelf one piece for the EG is just not going to work...fenders are way too big, the way I am picturing this is a stock nose, just one piece

the guys at franks custom fiberglass also make each individual piece in fiberglass, so if I can't get them to make me a one off "stock" one piece nose...then I'm just going to buy the pieces I need and see if I can mold them together

we'll see if it works, and we'll see if I ever get around to it, but when I do, I'll do a write up for everybody...thanks for the thoughts and opinions
Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here you go.
Attached Images